According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Humidity Sensor Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global humidity sensor market reached a value of US$ 996.9 Million in 2021. A humidity sensor refers to a device that is generally used for measuring the humidity present in the environment. It indicates the concentration of moisture in the air and reports its readings in the form of electronic signals. Additionally, it enables the measurement of relative humidity that is required for comfort optimization applications in smart buildings and facilities management as well as heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) solutions. Some of the commonly utilized humidity sensor variants include thermal, resistive and capacitive that are used for monitoring the changes in the atmosphere minutely. It is extensively utilized across the biomedical, semiconductor, food processing, microelectronics, and pharmaceutical industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Humidity Sensor Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing product demand from the food and beverages industry. Since a higher level of moisture can affect the quality of food and causes contamination, there has been a considerable rise in the uptake of humidity sensors in the sector. In line with this, numerous initiatives undertaken by statutory bodies of various countries to mandate the utilization of humidity sensors for maintaining the quality of food are contributing to their sales worldwide. Additionally, the rising deployment of the product in automobiles as a part of defrosting and defogging systems, which aid in automatically adjusting the type and amount of air required, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) with humidity sensors are creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, miniaturization of humidity sensors, the growing adoption of consumer appliances among the masses and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,534.8 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.66% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into digital and analog.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into relative and absolute humidity sensors.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified into semiconducting metal oxides, polymer-based, ceramic sensing and others.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been categorized into automotive, pharmaceutical and healthcare, building automation and domestic appliances, food and beverages, environmental, agriculture and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Amphenol Corporation, Analog Devices Inc., DENSO Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Sensata Technologies Inc., Sensirion Holding AG, STMicroelectronics, TE Connectivity and Texas Instruments Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800