The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Hybrid Memory Cube Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global hybrid memory cube market reached a value of US$ 971.6 Million in 2021. A hybrid memory cube (HMC) is a high-performance RAM interface that is designed for TSV (through-silicon via) based stacked dynamic RAM. It is a revolutionary technology that signifies a paradigm shift from current memory architectures by utilizing 70% less energy per bit than current DRAM technologies. HMC interfaces work for stacked DRAM memory, which is combined with a graphic processing unit (GPU). The system also allows for simultaneous access to several memory blocks and tends to use a separate processor like a chain to multiply the memory capacity of the device. The HMC overcomes bandwidth shortage by employing memory devices that deliver a prominent boost in performance. As a result, it finds applications in enterprise storage, telecommunications, and networking across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hybrid Memory Cube Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing need for memories offering high bandwidth, low power consumption, and high scalability. Recently, the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data applications like business analytics, scientific computing, financial transactions, social networking, and search engines are propelling the demand for technologies that effectively process and store a vast amount of information. This, in turn, is fueling the growth of HMC and other high bandwidth memory. In addition, HMC provides numerous applications for network and communication technology. It also offers increased performance in next-generation mainstream computing applications that enrich the user experience, thereby significantly impacting the market growth. Besides this, rapid urbanization and digitization are escalating the need for telecommunication technologies and advancement in transmitting, switching, processing, analyzing, and retrieving information, thus creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 4,415.50 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 27.20% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Central Processing Unit (CPU), Accelerated Processing Unit (APU), Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and Application-specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
- The market has been categorized based on the end use industry into enterprise storage, telecommunications and networking, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, Arira Design Inc., Arm Limited, Fujitsu Limited, Intel Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation, Micron Technology Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Open-Silicon Inc. (SiFive Inc.), Samsung Electronics Corporation Limited, Semtech Corporation, and Xilinx Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.