According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Hydrocephalus Shunts Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global hydrocephalus shunts market reached a value of US$ 412.6 Million in 2021. Hydrocephalus is the occurrence of a medical condition when the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) accumulated in the brain results in increased intracranial pressure in the skull. It is generally caused by a variety of different diseases and injuries, including an obstruction to the CSF flow. It is commonly treated by hydrocephalus shunts that are generally adopted by healthcare professionals in the treatment of hydrocephalus. It is a flexible tube that is placed in the area where cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is produced, which allows the draining of CSF to a different part of the body where it can be absorbed.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of neurological disorders among individuals. This can be attributed to the growing geriatric population and the hectic lifestyles led by working professionals. With a considerable rise in the number of hydrocephalic patients, there has been a continuous increase in the demand for hydrocephalus shunts across the globe. Due to continual technological advancements, neurosurgeons are inclining towards advanced programmable valves, shunts and antisiphon devices to avoid the siphoning effect over cerebrospinal fluid, which is further creating a positive market outlook. The market is further driven by numerous initiatives undertaken by private and government organizations to spread awareness regarding hydrocephalus. Other factors, including continuous developments in the healthcare infrastructure, widespread improvements in medical facilities across rural and geographical extended areas, the rising number of accidents, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 540.4 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.20% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into ventriculo-peritoneal, ventriculo-atrial, ventriculo-pleural and lumbo-peritoneal.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into hydrocephalus valves (adjustable pressure and fix pressure valves) and hydrocephalus catheters.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been classified into infants, children and adults.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players are Argi Group, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Christoph Miethke GmbH & Co. KG, G. Surgiwear Ltd., HLL Lifecare Limited, Integra LifeSciences, Kaneka Medix Corporation (Kaneka Corporation), Medtronic Plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Sophysa, Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG (SHS Medizintechnik Holding GmbH) and TKB Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal