According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Hydrogel Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global hydrogel market reached a value of US$ 24.7 Billion in 2021. Hydrogel refers to a hydrophilic polymer that is generally utilized in biomedical settings, regenerative medicine and research laboratories. It is usually produced synthetically or derived naturally in the form of polymer networks in gelatin or collagen. Due to its excellent oxygen permeability, water absorption, micro-porous structure, increased suction and tissue-like physical properties, it is gaining widespread prominence across the hygiene and personal care segment. Since there has been a considerable increase in the awareness regarding menstrual hygiene, this is providing a boost to the market growth.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hydrogel Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing product demand across the pharmaceutical industry. In line with this, the rising utilization of hydrogel in the administration of drugs, burn treatment and wound dressings are creating a positive outlook for the market. Since hydrogels exhibit unique biocompatibility and desirable physical characteristics, there has been a considerable increase in the adoption of the product as scaffolds to provide structural integrity for cellular organization, act as drug depots and serve as tissue bio adhesives and barriers. Along with this, the escalating utilization of hydrogels in the production of tampons and sanitary pads for enhanced absorbency is providing a boost to the market. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of hydrogels in the manufacturing of soft robotic designs due to their transparency, high stretchability and ion conductivity is significantly driving the growth of the market. Other factors, including the rising healthcare expenditure, the increasing prevalence of chronic illnesses, the growing number of research centers and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 36 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.00% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the raw material type, the market has been segmented into synthetic, natural and hybrid.
- Based on the form, the market has been segregated into amorphous, semi-crystalline and crystalline.
- On the basis of the composition, the market has been categorized into polyacrylate, polyacrylamide, silicone-modified hydrogels (SIH) and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into contact lenses, personal care and hygiene, wound care, drug delivery, tissue engineering and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players are 3M Company, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health Inc., Coloplast A/S, Essity AB, Evonik Industries AG, Hoya Corporation, Integra LifeSciences, Johnson & Johnson, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Medline Industries Inc., Medtronic plc, Smith & Nephew plc and The Cooper Companies Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800