The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Industrial Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global industrial sludge treatment chemicals market size reached US$ 6.3 Billion in 2022. Industrial sludge treatment chemicals are used to treat and process the sludge generated from various industrial processes. Sludge is a semi-solid residue left over after the treatment of wastewater, containing various organic and inorganic materials, heavy metals, and other contaminants. It is treated with various chemicals comprising coagulants, pH adjusters, oxidizing agents, reducing agents, and disinfectants. They aid in separating water from solids, improving the dewatering of sludge, reducing odor, and making it less prone to decomposition and degradation. Owing to these properties, industrial sludge treatment chemicals are widely utilized across oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals manufacturing, and mining and metals industries.
Global Industrial Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the implementation of sustainable waste management programs by governments of numerous countries to promote the effective treatment of industrial sludge. In addition, the growing population and rapid industrialization represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the market is also propelled by the rising utilization of natural and biodegradable chemicals in sludge treatment to minimize the harmful effects on the environment. Moreover, there has been an escalating demand for high-performance industrial sludge treatment technologies, such as thermal hydrolysis, membrane filtration, and anaerobic digestion, that help filter out contaminants and use high pressures and temperatures to break down the organic matter and produce biogas from sludge. This, coupled with the rising number of wastewater treatment plants, is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the sludge type, the market has been segmented into activated sludge, primary sludge, mixed sludge, and others. Amongst these, activated sludge represents the largest segment.
- Based on the process chemical, the market has been classified into flocculants, coagulants, disinfectants, and others. Presently, flocculants exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the process treatment, the market has been segregated into conditioning and stabilization treatment, dewatering and drying treatment, thickening treatment, and digestion treatment. At present, stabilization treatment accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into food and beverages, personal care, chemicals, pulp and paper, municipal wastewater, and others, wherein food and beverages hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Accepta Ltd, Amcon Inc., Beckart Environmental Inc., Ecolab Inc., Hubbard-Hall, Kemira Oyj, Kurita Water Industries Ltd., OVIVO (SKion Water GmbH), and Veolia Water Technologies (Veolia Environnement S.A.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Sludge Type Covered
||Activated Sludge, Primary Sludge, Mixed Sludge, Others
|Process Chemical Covered
||Flocculants, Coagulants, Disinfectants, Others
|Process Treatment Covered
||Conditioning and Stabilization Treatment, Dewatering and Drying Treatment, Thickening Treatment, Digestion Treatment
|End User Covered
||Food and Beverages, Personal Care, Chemicals, Pulp and Paper, Municipal Wastewater, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Accepta Ltd, Amcon Inc., Beckart Environmental Inc., Ecolab Inc., Hubbard-Hall, Kemira Oyj, Kurita Water Industries Ltd., OVIVO (SKion Water GmbH), Veolia Water Technologies (Veolia Environnement S.A.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800