According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global infantile spasms therapeutics market size reached US$ 3.5 Billion in 2022. Infantile spasms, also known as West syndrome, refers to a rare and severe form of epilepsy that typically affects infants between the ages of 3 and 12 months. They are characterized by brief symmetric muscle contractions that can cause the body or limbs to jerk or flex. They can be diagnosed by physical examination, neurological examination, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain, and blood and urine examinations. They involve a combination of medication and therapies, such as steroids, hormone therapy with corticotropin injection gel and glucocorticoids, and antiseizure medications.
Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market Trends:
The increasing incidences of infantile spasms among infants represent one of the major factors driving the demand for infantile spasms therapeutics around the world. Moreover, the rising awareness about the early signs and symptoms of infantile spasms and improved diagnostics capabilities is favoring the growth of the market. In addition, governing agencies of several countries are offering financial assistance for infantile spasms treatment to minimize healthcare expenses. Apart from this, they are financing research and development (R&D) projects to identify and develop novel therapeutic agents. This, coupled with the increasing number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies, is augmenting the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the therapeutic class, the market has been segmented into anticonvulsants, corticosteroids, and others. Anticonvulsants currently account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been segregated into vigabatrin, adrenocorticotropic hormone, and others (phase III). Adrenocorticotropic hormone holds the biggest share in the market.
- Based on the dosage, liquid dominates the market, followed by solid.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been divided into oral, parenteral, and others. Presently, parenteral exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. At present, hospital pharmacy dominates the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, clinics, and others. Presently, hospitals account for the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being H. Lundbeck A/S, Mallinckrodt plc, ORPHELIA Pharma, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Therapeutic Class Covered
||Anticonvulsants, Corticosteroids, Others
|Drug Type Covered
||Vigabatrin, Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, Other(Phase III)
|Route of Administration Covered
||Oral, Parenteral, and Others
|Distribution Channel Covered
||Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy
|End User Covered
||Hospitals, Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||H. Lundbeck A/S, Mallinckrodt plc, ORPHELIA Pharma, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800