The latest report by IMARC, titled “Infertility Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global infertility drugs market size has reached US$ 3.47Billion by 2021. Infertility drugs refer to medications prescribed to treat infertility and improve the reproductive health of an individual. They are either injected or consumed orally. Some of the commonly available infertility drugs include aromatase inhibitors, gonadotrophins, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), ovulatory stimulants, biguanides, tricyclic antidepressants, and dopamine agonists. These drugs assist by stimulating ovulation and follicle development of the ovary in women while restoring testosterone levels in men and improving the quality of their sperm. In recent years, infertility drugs have gained momentum among couples who are unable to conceive.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19, along with the indirect influence of the associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Infertility Drugs Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising incidences of infertility and miscarriage. Additionally, the increasing number of individuals diagnosed with thyroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, and menopausal disorders due to the hectic lifestyle and stress is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the declining fertility rates due to unhealthy habits, such as a rise in the consumption of drugs, alcohol and smoking, are leading to an increase in the adoption rate of these medications. Besides this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities to introduce infertility drugs with better efficacy, lower dosage requirement, and lesser side effects are creating a positive market outlook. Other growth-inducing factors include enhancing health infrastructure, increasing consumer expenditure, rising demand for generic medicines, rapid urbanization, and technological upgradations. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.95 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.70% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the drug class, the market has been divided into gonadotropin, aromatase inhibitors, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), biguanides, and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been segregated into oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, and intramuscular.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into males and females.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Bayer AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc., Mankind Pharma, Merck & Co. inc., Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., and Theramex HQ UK Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal