The latest report by IMARC, titled “Infertility Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global infertility drugs market reached a value of US$ 3.8 Billion in 2022. Infertility drugs refer to medications prescribed to treat infertility and improve the reproductive health of an individual. They are either injected or consumed orally. Some of the commonly available infertility drugs include aromatase inhibitors, gonadotrophins, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), ovulatory stimulants, biguanides, tricyclic antidepressants, and dopamine agonists. These drugs assist by stimulating ovulation and follicle development of the ovary in women while restoring testosterone levels in men and improving the quality of their sperm. In recent years, infertility drugs have gained momentum among couples who are unable to conceive.
Global Infertility Drugs Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising incidences of infertility and miscarriage. Additionally, the increasing number of individuals diagnosed with thyroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, and menopausal disorders due to the hectic lifestyle and stress is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the declining fertility rates due to unhealthy habits, such as a rise in the consumption of drugs, alcohol and smoking, are leading to an increase in the adoption rate of these medications. Besides this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities to introduce infertility drugs with better efficacy, lower dosage requirement, and lesser side effects are creating a positive market outlook. Other growth-inducing factors include enhancing health infrastructure, increasing consumer expenditure, rising demand for generic medicines, rapid urbanization, and technological upgradations. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.24% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the drug class, the market has been divided into gonadotropin, aromatase inhibitors, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), biguanides, and others.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been segregated into oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, and intramuscular.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into males and females.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Bayer AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc., Mankind Pharma, Merck & Co. inc., Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., and Theramex HQ UK Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Drug Class, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Bayer AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc., Mankind Pharma, Merck & Co. Inc., Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A. and Theramex
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal