The latest report by IMARC, titled “Inflight Catering Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global inflight catering market reached a value of US$ 12.8 Billion in 2022. Inflight catering refers to the meals provided by domestic and international airlines to passengers. These meals are cooked by catering companies and are served to the customers through trollies. They offer quality and quantity snacking options, ranging from a simple snack or beverage in short-haul economy class to a seven-course gourmet meal in a first-class long-haul flight. These snacking options are widely available in different kinds, including low-cost, full-service, and hybrid. In recent years, inflight catering has gained momentum due to the increasing number of passengers traveling by air.
Global Inflight Catering Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising number of air travellers and the expectation of the passengers for a nutritious and healthy meal. Additionally, the need for serving an excellent onboard dining experience is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, the growing online platforms for booking meals are making the procedure easier, thus escalating the demand for inflight catering. Besides this, the increasing automation and proliferation of inflight catering management have enabled the caterers and airlines to collaborate, thus creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Other than this, extensive investment in the aviation sector is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the competition in the industry to improve the inflight dining experience is catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, the introduction of innovative high-level services, such as mixed buy-order, pre-selection, and complimentary catering options to fulfill the requirements of each customer, along with complying with the hybrid operational scenarios at lower prices, is driving the market growth. Other major growth-inducing factors include numerous initiatives taken by various nations to enhance the inflight catering standards, significant technological improvements and the increasing automation in the food and beverage (F&B) industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 16.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
3.96% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the food type, the market has been divided into meals, bakery and confectionary, beverages, and others.
- On the basis of the flight service type, the market has been bifurcated into full-service and low-cost carriers.
- Based on the aircraft seating class, the market has been segregated into economy, business, and first class.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being AAS Catering Co. Ltd., Abby’s Catering, Cathay Pacific Catering Services (H.K.) Ltd. (Cathay Pacific Airways), DO&CO Aktiengesellschaft, Emirates Flight Catering (The Emirates Group), Flying Food Group, Gategroup, Jetfinity, KLM Catering Services Schiphol, LSG Sky Chefs (Lufthansa AG), Sats Ltd. (Singapore Airlines), Saudi Airlines Catering, and Universal Weather and Aviation Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal