The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Infrared Detector Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global infrared detector market size reached US$ 437.3 Million in 2021. Infrared (IR) detectors refer to electronic devices that emit and detect infrared radiation to sense specific characteristics of their surrounding environment. They can also detect motion and measure heat emitted by objects. Compared to their traditional counterparts, IR detectors are compact and detect infrared light from longer distances. As a result, they are widely used in flame detectors, gas analyzers, gas warning devices, medical gas measurement technology, and consumer electronics. These detectors also find extensive applications in smart homes, night vision, spectroscopy, astronomy, biomedical imaging, and people- and motion-sensing solutions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Infrared Detector Market Trends:
The increasing applications of IR detectors in security and surveillance represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, IR detectors are widely utilized in security cameras, burglar alarms, safety lighting, and garage doors for installation in retail shops, airports, residential properties, and commercial complexes. Besides this, they are also employed in the military and defense sector for surveillance, and target detection and tracking due to their compact size and ability to detect light from longer distances. Additionally, with the rising safety and security concerns, the demand for people- and motion-sensing devices, such as IR detectors, has escalated across the globe. Along with this, there has been widespread product adoption in industrial plants to ensure the efficient functioning of motors, boilers, bearings, and electrical peripherals. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are developing innovative IR detectors for phone cameras, augmented reality (AR) glasses, and driverless vehicles to allow visibility in fog and smoke, which is further propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the growing adoption of smart homes, surging sales of consumer electronics, rising automation of buildings, technological advancements, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 737.4 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into thermal and photo detectors.
- On the basis of the spectral range, the market has been divided into short-, medium-, and long-wave infrared.
- Based on technology, the market has been segregated into Mercury Cadmium Telluride, Indium Gallium Arsenide (InGaAs), Pyroelectric, Thermopile, Microbolometer, and others.
- The market has been classified based on the application into aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, medical, and security.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with some of the key players being Excelitas Technologies Corp., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., InfraTec GmbH, Lynred, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Nippon Avionics Co. Ltd., Omron Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, TE Connectivity Corporation, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, and Texas Instruments Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800