According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Intermittent Catheters Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global intermittent catheter market reached a value of US$ 2.36 Billion in 2021. An intermittent catheter is a urological catheter used to drain urine from the urinary bladder when individuals cannot urinate naturally. It is widely advocated as an effective bladder management strategy for patients with incomplete bladder emptying due to idiopathic or neurogenic detrusor (bladder) dysfunction (NDO). It is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or vinyl, latex rubber, and silicone materials and is intended for one-time use. The primary users of intermittent catheters include individuals with spinal cord injury or people suffering from urinary incontinence. Since these devices offer greater ease of handling and low cost of catheterization in comparison to other catheters, this is providing a boost to the market.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Intermittent Catheters Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing number of urinary incontinence cases. In line with this, the rising geriatric population and the launch of novel catheters are positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the growing cases of tumors in the urinary tract or reproductive organs are catalyzing the product demand. Apart from this, the increasing awareness and the widespread adoption of appropriate reimbursement schemes offered by numerous healthcare facilities are propelling the market. Moreover, heavy investments in research and development activities to create cost-effective and novel urinary catheters are creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the launch of more efficient, less invasive, and newer catheters is strengthening the market across the globe. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.10% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into uncoated intermittent catheter and coated intermittent catheter (antimicrobial, hydrophilic, and others).
- Based on the indication, the market has been categorized into urinary incontinence, surgery (major surgery), spinal cord injury, and others.
- On the basis of the category, the market has been classified into male, kids, and female length catheter.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, medical research centers, and ambulatory surgical centers.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, Coloplast A/S, Cure Medical LLC (Convatec Group plc), Hollister Incorporated, Hunter Urology, Medical Technologies of Georgia Inc., Pennine Healthcare Ltd., Teleflex Inc and Wellspect Limited (Dentsply Sirona).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800