According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Internet of Things (IOT) in Healthcare Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global internet of things (IOT) in healthcare market size reached US$ 277.8 Billion in 2022. The internet of things (IOT) in healthcare refers to a network of physical devices, appliances, and other objects that are embedded with sensors, software, and network to connect and exchange data with other devices and systems over the internet. It helps in automating tasks, optimizing workflows, and reducing the need for human intervention, which results in improved efficiency and productivity in the healthcare sector. It also reduces operational costs by optimizing resource utilization, reducing energy consumption, and improving equipment maintenance and uptime. Moreover, it minimizes waste, conserves energy, and encourages sustainability by monitoring and optimizing resource consumption. At present, IOT is gaining traction in healthcare for remote patient monitoring, predictive maintenance, and telehealth applications across the globe.
Global Internet of Things (IOT) in Healthcare Market Trends:
The burgeoning healthcare sector and integration of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), with IOT for providing advanced solutions and improving operational efficiency, automation, and optimization, represent one of the key factors positively influencing the market across the globe. In addition, AI-enabled IOT devices assist healthcare providers in diagnosing and predicting ailments in real-time, which is bolstering the market growth. Moreover, the increasing prevalence of medical disorders and the growing adoption of smart devices and wearables in self-health measurement are creating a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, people are becoming aware of self-health management due to increasing disease conditions in the early stage of life, which is further catalyzing the demand for wearable medical devices. IOT-based wearables help in monitoring of remote patients with chronic illnesses, which, in turn, is stimulating the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 687.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 16.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segmented into medical devices (wearable external devices, implanted medical devices, and stationary medical devices), system and software (remote device management, network bandwidth management, data analytics, application security, and network security), and services (system integration services, consulting, training and education, and support and maintenance services). At present, services (system integration services, consulting, training and education, and support and maintenance services) account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the connectivity technology, the market has been classified into Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy, ZigBee, near field communication (NFC), cellular, and satellite. Cellular holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into telemedicine, medication management, clinical operations, inpatient monitoring, connected imaging, and others. Presently, telemedicine dominates the market.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics, clinical research organizations, research and diagnostic laboratories, and others. Hospitals and clinics exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Comarch SA, HQSoftware, Intel Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic plc, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, OSP Labs, Oxagile, Qualcomm Incorporated, Siemens AG and STANLEY Healthcare.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Connectivity Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Comarch SA, HQSoftware, Intel Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic plc, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, OSP Labs, Oxagile, Qualcomm Incorporated, Siemens AG and STANLEY Healthcare.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800