According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Intraoral Scanners Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global intraoral scanners market reached a value of US$ 354.6 Million in 2021. An intraoral scanner refers to a device that is generally utilized by orthodontists. It is comprised of a handheld camera, computer and software that assist in capturing direct optical impressions of the mouth. It projects a light source for diagnosing the hard and soft tissues of the oral area. As a result, it assists dentists in determining the oral health of patients by providing excellent accuracy of the impression of mouth in a time-efficient manner. In comparison to the traditional methods, these scanners offer improved dimensional stability and good-quality 3D image, thereby gaining widespread prominence among the masses and medical practitioners.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Intraoral Scanners Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of oral diseases among the masses, especially in young children. Along with this, continual technological advancements in oral and dental medicine are favorably impacting the market growth. Also, the widespread integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) with intraoral scanners is gaining widespread prominence across the globe. Additionally, the rising awareness regarding maintaining oral hygiene among the masses is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, numerous leading companies are heavily investing in launching lightweight intraoral scanner devices, which is providing a boost to the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing number of dental clinics and diagnostic centers across the globe, along with continual improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, especially in the developing economies, the rising geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing oral problems and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of 581.8 Million in 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.10% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the brand, the market has been segmented into Cadent iTero, 3M ESPE Lava COS, CEREC, E4D, TRIOS, CS and others.
- Based on the modality, the market has been segregated into standalone, portable and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been classified into hospitals, dental clinics and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players are 3M Company, 3Shape A/S, Align Technology Inc., Carestream Dental LLC, Condor Scan, Densys3D Ltd., Dentsply Sirona, Guangdong Launca Medical Device Technology Co. Ltd., Medit Corp., Midmark Corporation, Planmeca Oy and Straumann AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.