According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Inulin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global inulin market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. Inulin refers to a starchy substance that is abundantly found in numerous fruits, vegetables and herbs, including onions, leeks, wheat, bananas, artichokes, and asparagus. It is characterized by white color and mildly sweet taste with a creamy consistency. A rich source of fibers and low in calories, it is easily dissolvable in water. It can also be dissolved in the stomach to form a gelatinous substance that assists in increasing fullness, slowing digestion, and minimizing cholesterol absorption as it passes through the digestive tract. As a result, it is increasingly utilized in the preparation of margarine and salad dressings as a preferred fat substitute.
Global Inulin Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by significant growth in the food and beverages sector. With the shifting dietary preferences of the masses and the rising preference for low-fat food products, there has been a considerable rise in the uptake of inulin across the industry in the preparation of bakery and dairy products. Apart from being used as a substitute for fats, it finds extensive applications as a stabilizer, emulsifier and thickener, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the widespread product utilization as a vaccine stabilizer and drug delivery agent in the pharmaceutical sector. It is extensively utilized for coating tablets and capsules while playing a pertinent role as a tablet binder, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the easy availability of bakery products through online and offline organized retail channels and the escalating prevalence of gastrointestinal tract diseases among the masses. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.5 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into Jerusalem artichoke inulin, chicory inulin and agave inulin.
- Based on the form, the market has been bifurcated into powder and liquid.
- On the basis of the nature, the market has been classified into organic and conventional.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, and food and beverage (bakery and confectionery products, cereals, meat products, sports drinks, dairy products, and others).
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players. Some of these players include BENEO GmbH (Südzucker AG), Cargill Incorporated, Ciranda Inc., Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, Jarrow Formulas Inc., NOW Foods, Nutriagaves Group, PMV Nutrient Products Pvt Ltd., Sensus B.V. (Coöperatie Koninklijke Cosun U.A.), Steviva Brands Inc. and The Tierra Group.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Nature, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BENEO GmbH (Südzucker AG), Cargill Incorporated, Ciranda Inc., Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, Jarrow Formulas Inc., NOW Foods, Nutriagaves Group, PMV Nutrient Products Pvt Ltd., Sensus B.V. (Coöperatie Koninklijke Cosun U.A.), Steviva Brands Inc. and The Tierra Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800