According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global IPTV (internet protocol television) market reached a value of US$ 71.6 Billion in 2022. The internet-based protocol television (IPTV) helps transmit videos and television programs via the internet. It primarily relies on Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), IP multicasting with Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP), Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for live broadcasts and on-demand programs. It offers network operators relatively more control over the video traffic and allows regular quality checks of the service. Besides this, it also enables viewers to create a custom list of channels in high-definition (HD) quality.
Global IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) Market Trends:
The burgeoning electronics sector, in confluence with the improving broadband infrastructure, represents one of the key factors impelling the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing adoption rates of HD channels, hybrid IPTV services and video-on-demand (VOD) services are positively influencing the sales of IPTV across the globe. The introduction of favorable policies, including the digitization of television and Direct-to-Home (DTH) services, by governing agencies on several countries is offering lucrative growth opportunities to leading market players. Additionally, considerable developments in the internet setup and improving internet connectivity in the residential and commercial sectors are strengthening the growth of the market. Some of the other factors impelling the market growth include inflating income levels, rapid urbanization and the escalating demand for IPTV that support video calls and online conferencing. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the subscription type, the market has been bifurcated into subscription-based and subscription-free IPTV.
- Based on the transmission type, the market has been divided into wired and wireless.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the device type into smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, PCs and others.
- On the basis of the streaming type, the market has been segmented into video and non-video IPTV.
- Based on the service type, the market has been segregated into in-house and managed services.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end user into the residential and enterprises.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AT&T, Bharti Airtel Limited, Akamai Technologies, Verizon Communications, Orange S.A., Ericsson, CenturyLink, Deutsche Telekom, MatrixStream Technologies Inc., Arris International, Sterlite Technologies, Cisco Systems, Broadcom Corporation, Telefónica, Foxtel, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Nectro IPTV, Amino Technologies, PCCW and Chunghwa Telecom.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Subscription Type, Transmission Type, Device Type, Streaming Type, Service Type, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||AT&T, Bharti Airtel Limited, Akamai Technologies, Verizon Communications, Orange S.A., Ericsson, CenturyLink, Deutsche Telekom, MatrixStream Technologies Inc., Arris International, Sterlite Technologies, Cisco Systems, Broadcom Corporation, Telefónica, Foxtel, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Nectro IPTV, Amino Technologies, PCCW and Chunghwa Telecom
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800