According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Isosorbide Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global isosorbide market reached a value of US$
520.1 Million in 2021. Isosorbide (C6H10O4) is a white heterocyclic chemical compound derived from the catalytic hydrogenation of glucose. It is eco-friendly and non-toxic as it is produced using raw materials like starch. Its derivative isosorbide mononitrate is used to control chest pain among patients by relaxing and widening blood vessels. Presently, isosorbide derived from epoxy resins is utilized in drug delivery systems and bone cement and coatings around the world.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Isosorbide Market Trends:
Isosorbide is utilized as an alternative to fossil fuel derivatives due to the growing environmental concerns and rising preferences for green alternatives. Apart from this, isosorbide is used in the manufacturing of polycarbonate, which finds application in the construction, automotive, electronics and security industries. Furthermore, governing agencies of several countries are implementing stringent regulations to encourage the adoption of bioplastics in different end use industries, such as food and beverage (F&B) and healthcare. Moreover, the key manufacturers are adopting waste recycling strategies to minimize waste emissions during the production of isosorbide and reduce production costs. This is anticipated to create a positive outlook for market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 855.1 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of
8.75% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into oil-, water- and silicone-based isosorbide.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into PEIT, polycarbonate, polyesters isosorbide succinate, polyurethane, isosorbide diesters and others.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been segmented into polymers and resins, additives, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Alfa Aesar, Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, Ecogreen Oleochemicals, J&K Scientific, Jinan Hongbaifeng Industry & Trade, JP Laboratories, Meryer, Mitsubishi Chemical, Novaphene, Par Pharmaceutical, Roquette, SK Chemicals and TCI (Shanghai) Development.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800