The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2021. Isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology (INAAT) refers to the technique of detecting and analyzing nucleic acids. This method is commonly used to amplify nucleic acids at a constant temperature, eliminating the need for thermocycler equipment. In addition, the amplicons produced by this technique are utilized to construct versatile nucleic acid nanomaterials for applications in biomedicine, bioimaging, and biosensing. Owing to these properties, INAAT finds extensive applications in the healthcare sector for detecting various infectious diseases, such as HIV-AIDS, tuberculosis, influenza, hepatitis A and B, chlamydia and gonorrhea (CT/NG).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption of INAAT for detecting coronavirus disease (COVID-19). In addition, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the escalating demand for efficient diagnosis and treatment alternatives are contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the widespread adoption of loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests that are used for the amplification of both DNA and RNA is also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Moreover, various technological advancements, such as the development of strand displacement amplification (SDA), single primer isothermal amplification (SPIA) and recombinase polymerase amplification (RPA), along with the introduction of innovative product variants, represent another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the increasing research and development (R&D) activities in the field of microbiology, significant improvement in the healthcare infrastructure, and the rising geriatric population are some of the other factors anticipated to propel the market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into instruments and reagents.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been classified into helicase-dependent amplification (HDA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP), strand displacement amplification (SDA), nucleic acid sequence-based amplification (NASBA), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), single primer isothermal amplification (SPIA), and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into infectious disease diagnosis (hepatitis, CT/NG, HIV, influenza, and others), blood screening, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, research laboratories, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, bioMérieux SA, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), Eiken Chemical Co. Ltd., Hologic Inc., Meridian Bioscience Inc., OptiGene Limited, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tecan Trading AG and Ustar Biotechnologies Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-080