As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Kitchen Towel Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global kitchen towel market reached a value of US$
16.1 Billion in 2022. A kitchen towel is a multi-functional product which is used for a wide range of purposes including drying hands and cleaning knives, dishes, cutting boards and other kitchen items. It is generally manufactured using cotton and assists in drawing out and absorbing moisture through direct contact and can withstanding repeated washing and usage. Apart from this, it is also used for holding hot bowls, plates and dishes while serving.
Global Kitchen Towel Market Trends:
On account of the rapid urbanization, inflating income levels and the improving standards of living, consumers across the globe are spending on home care products like kitchen towels, which is strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, manufacturers are introducing a vast range of hand-knitted and crochet towels for aesthetic purposes. They are also developing kitchen towels by employing advanced technologies like Through Air Dried (TAD) that offers more absorbent and softer kitchen towels when compared with towels that are produced using the traditional Light Dry Crepe (LDC) technology. Additionally, as origami non-woven kitchen towels are very efficient in cleaning wet surfaces and can be washed easily, they are gaining immense popularity among consumers. Owing to these factors, the market is projected to reach a value of US$
23.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.31% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into cloth-based and paper-based kitchen towels. Currently, cloth-based kitchen towels dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been divided into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, online stores, and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the majority of the market share.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end-use sector which includes commercial and residential segments. Currently, the commercial sector exhibits dominance in the market which can be accredited to the extensive use of kitchen towels in cafes, hotels, restaurants and other commercial spaces.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. At present, North America is the leading market, holding the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Koch Industries, Inc., Procter and Gamble Corporation, Wausau Paper Corp. (Tork US), Accrol Group Holdings Plc, Aldar Tissues Ltd., Renova FPA SA, Rodriquez Pty. Ltd, Towel Depot , Inc. and WEPA Professional GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal