According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Knee Pad Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global knee pad market size reached US$ 4.2 Billion in 2020. A knee pad is a protective gear worn over the knees to provide cushioning and protection against injuries and impact. It provides stability to the knee, which limits the movement of the joint. Knee pads are produced using soft and durable materials, such as polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyurethane (PU), extruded polystyrene insulation (XPS) foams, ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA), cotton, and nylon. These pads minimize the impact of external forces resulting from general and recreational activities, like cycling, hitting, skidding and other sports. Knee pads are widely used in the healthcare and defense sectors as a part of the uniform and in medical applications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Knee Pad Market Trends:
The global knee pad market is primarily being driven by the rising number of road accidents and increasing consumer awareness regarding the available safety equipment. Additionally, the increasing prevalence of osteoarthritis and the growing geriatric population that is more prone to developing knee-related ailments is supporting the market growth. Moreover, the rising demand for neoprene knee pads is another factor contributing to the market growth. Neoprene knee pads offer better comfort to consumers as they are produced by using synthetic rubber that offers high breathability, durability, flexibility, and stability over different temperatures. Furthermore, various product innovations, such as gel-based and self-adjusting knee pads, are propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the rising spending capacity of consumers and aggressive promotional activities by leading market players. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.55% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into basic, industrial, military, and sports knee pads. Currently, basic knee pads dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the price, the market has been bifurcated into under $25, $25-$50, $51-$100, and above $100.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into kids, teenagers and adults, and senior citizens. At present, senior citizens account for the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into online and offline. Currently, offline channels dominate the market.
- On the geographical front, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the largest share, followed by Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3M Company, ALTA Industries, ASICS Corporation, Bauerfeind AG, Custom Leathercraft Mfg, LLC (Hultafors Group AB), Decathlon S.A (Association Familiale Mulliez), Fox Head Inc., Klein Tools Inc., Mizuno Corporation, Nike Inc. and Tommyco Knee-Pads Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800