According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Kombucha Tea Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global kombucha tea market size reached US$ 2.6 Billion in 2022. Kombucha tea is a fermented beverage made from sweetened black or green tea. It is rich in antioxidants, probiotics, vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes that help prevent several critical ailments. It aids in improving digestive health, enhancing immune function, and protecting the body against oxidative stress and damage caused by free radicals. It is available in various flavors, such as lemon, ginger, apple, berries, coffee, herbs, and spices.
Global Kombucha Tea Market Trends:
The increasing awareness among people about the health benefits of kombucha tea represents one of the primary factors augmenting the market growth around the world. Moreover, there is a rise in the inclination towards ready to drink (RTD) beverages like packaged kombucha tea on account of rapid urbanization, expanding purchasing power of consumers, and busy lifestyles. This, coupled with considerable growth in the food and beverage (F&B) sector, is creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition, the growing number of tea shops or stalls, tea lounges, cafeterias, cafes, restaurants, quick serving restaurant (QSR) chains, and hotels incorporating kombucha tea to cater health conscious individuals is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, product manufacturers are coming up with multi-layered packaging to minimize the risk of spoilage and adulteration while ensuring the freshness and aroma of products during transportation. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 6.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 17.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into organic and non-organic.
- On the basis of the tea type, the market has been segregated into green tea, black tea, oolong tea, and others. Green tea currently accounts for the biggest share in the market.
- Based on the flavor type, the market has been divided into fruits, regular/original, herbs and spices, flowers, and others. At present, regular/original dominates the market.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been classified into glass bottles, aluminum cans, PET bottles, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, health stores, online retailers, and others. Presently, supermarkets and hypermarkets hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Brew Dr. Kombucha, Asheville Kombucha Mamas, LLC (Buchi Kombucha), RAUCH Fruchtsäfte GmbH & Co OG (Carpe Diem), Flower of Life Ltd (Equinox Kombucha), GT’s Living Foods LLC, Humm Kombucha LLC, KeVita, Inc., Pure Steeps LLC (Wonder Drink), Reed’s, Inc., and Remedy Kombucha Pty Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Tea Type
- Flavor Type
- Packaging Type
- Distribution channel Type
|Tea Types Covered
|| Green Tea, Black Tea, Oolong Tea, Others
|Flavour Types Covered
||Fruits, Regular/Original, Herbs and Spices, Flowers, Others
|Packaging Types Covered
||Glass Bottles, Aluminium Cans, PET Bottles, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health Stores, Online Retailers, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Brew Dr. Kombucha, Asheville Kombucha Mamas, LLC (Buchi Kombucha), RAUCH Fruchtsäfte GmbH & Co OG (Carpe Diem), Flower of Life Ltd (Equinox Kombucha), GT’s Living Foods LLC, Humm Kombucha LLC, KeVita, Inc., Pure Steeps LLC (Wonder Drink), Reed’s, Inc., and Remedy Kombucha Pty Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800