According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Lactase Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global lactase market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2023-2028. Also known as lactase-phlorizin hydrolase, lactase is an enzyme found in the liver, kidney, and small intestine of mammals that catalyzes the breakdown of lactose into glucose and galactose. Its production declines after the weaning phase in humans, thereby making them lactose intolerant, which is the inability to digest milk. As a result, lactase is consumed along with milk or milk products to prevent symptoms, such as cramps, gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Global Lactase Market Trends:
A considerable rise in the number of individuals suffering from lactose intolerance is catalyzing the demand for lactose-free dairy products, such as ice cream and cheese, across the globe. This, in turn, is positively influencing the global lactase market growth. Apart from this, liquid lactase finds application in the pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing syrups and tonics. Moreover, the growing consciousness about health and wellness among the masses is encouraging the adoption of lactase pills that are consumed to ease irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms. The market is further driven by the introduction of new delivery forms, such as strength caplets and fast-acting chewable tablets. Besides this, the rising awareness about healthy digestion, in confluence with the proper functioning of the immune system, is anticipated to fuel the market growth.
- Based on the source, the market has been segregated into fungi, yeast, and bacteria.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been bifurcated into powder and liquid lactase.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into food and beverages (milk, cheese, yogurt, and others), dietary supplements, and pharmaceuticals.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Advanced Enzyme Technologies, Antozyme Biotech Pvt Ltd., Biolaxi Corporation, Chr. Hansen Holding AS, Creative Enzymes, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Kerry Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Merck KGaA, Novozymes A/S and Polttimo Oy.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal