Laminate flooring refers to a durable and versatile flooring solution made of melamine resin and fibreboard materials. It is composed of four layers, namely wear layer, design layer, core layer and back layer, which are fused together using intense heat and pressure. Laminate flooring is relatively inexpensive as compared to engineered wood, solid hardwood, and stone floor coverings. As it can replicate stone, tiles as well as wood patterns, the demand for laminate flooring has been escalating in the recent years. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Laminate Flooring Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the global laminate flooring market reached a volume of more than 968 Million Sq. Metres in 2017, registering a CAGR of 3% during the year 2010-2017. The report further anticipates the market to reach a volume of 1,136 Million Sq. Metres by 2023.
Global Laminate Flooring Market Drivers/Constraints:
- With rising population and improving standards of living, there has been an increase in the demand for modern housing, particularly in the emerging nations, which have significantly contributed to the growth of the market.
- The advancements in the designing and printing technology and the introduction of innovative product designs by the manufacturers are some of the other growth-inducing factors propelling the global laminate flooring market.
- Laminate flooring ensures ease of installation and reduces the requirement of skilled labour as opposed to the other flooring materials. This has favourably impacted the growth of the laminate flooring market globally.
- The price volatility of the raw materials of laminate flooring and their availability can pose a major challenge to the laminate flooring manufacturers.
Product Type Insights:
On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into HDF and MDF laminates. Currently, MDF laminates represent the most popular product type in the laminate flooring market, accounting for the largest share.
Based on sector, the report finds that the commercial sector dominates the market, holding the majority of the market share. Laminate flooring is extensively used in this sector as it is cost-effective, requires low-maintenance and has the ability to withstand high traffic. It is followed by the residential sector.
On a geographical front, Asia-Pacific enjoys the leading position in the global laminate flooring market. The growing spending capacity, rapid urbanisation, and increasing number of housing projects are driving the market across the region. Other major regions include North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The laminate flooring industry is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of price and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Mohawk Industries Inc.
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- Shaw Industries, Inc.
- Mannington Mills, Inc.
- Beaulieu International Group
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal