According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Laparoscopic Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global laparoscopic devices market size reached US$ 11.3 Billion in 2020. Laparoscopy is a diagnostic procedure that is widely used for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, ectopic pregnancy, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). It is a minimally invasive (MI) procedure that involves making small incisions for the examination of the abdomen. Laparoscopy devices are utilized by healthcare professionals to ensure minimal bleeding and assist in maintaining hemostasis. It involves the use of a camera and specialized instruments that are passed through the trocars. This enables high-resolution images to be transmitted on screens for precise detail monitoring. Some of the commonly utilized laparoscopic devices include cannulas, forceps, rigid scopes, knot pushers, retractors, incision closure devices, bowel grasper and surgical mesh that are extensively utilized as essential tools in general, bariatric and colorectal surgeries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Laparoscopic Devices Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic lifestyle disorders, such as diabetes, pancreatic cancer and gastrointestinal disorders, among the masses. The high success rates associated with laparoscopy have, consequently, provided a thrust to the uptake of laparoscopic devices across the globe. Moreover, there has been a rising preference for MI procedures among both the patients and healthcare professionals due to the enhanced efficacy, quicker recovery period and improved patient outcome associated with these procedure as compared with traditional surgeries. The market is further driven by the advent of robot-assisted laparoscopic devices in the market that are expected to overcome challenges related to safety, sterility, and adaption. Their employment is expected to facilitate complex surgeries with minute precision and accuracy, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include extensive research and development (R&D) activities and the constant advancements in the overall healthcare infrastructure. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into trocars, energy systems, closure devices, suction/irrigation devices, insufflation devices, laparoscopes, hand access instruments, robot-assisted systems, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into bariatric, colorectal, general, gynecological, urological and other surgeries.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include B. Braun, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Cook Medical Incorporated, Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Karl Storz SE & CO. KG, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, and Tekno-Medical Optik-Chirurgie GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800