The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Laparoscopy Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global laparoscopy market size reached US$ 13.0 Billion in 2022. Laparoscopy, also known as peritoneoscopy, keyhole, or minimally invasive surgery, allows surgeons to examine the abdominal and pelvis with an optical instrument called a laparoscope inserted through a tiny incision in the body. Some common laparoscopy devices are endoscopes, cameras, light sources, video monitors, trocars, hand instruments, obstetrical forceps, incision closure devices, insufflators, knot pushers, access devices, and dissectors. They are extensively used for diagnosing pancreatic cancer, gastrointestinal disorders, ectopic pregnancy, prostatectomy, cysts, and fibroids, treating pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and removing implants and scar tissue. They aid in minimal tissue trauma and blood loss, ensure minimal scarring, fewer complications, speedy recovery, and decreased adhesion formation. As a result, laparoscopy devices are widely adopted in clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory centers across the globe.
Global Laparoscopy Devices Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cysts, fibroids, and obesity across the globe. In addition, the widespread integration of three-dimensional (3D) and infrared capabilities with the VISERA ELITE II surgical imaging platform to enhance efficiency and reduce cost is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the rising popularity of minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) owing to its several benefits, such as quick recovery rate and less pain, is accelerating the product adoption rate globally. Besides this, the emerging technologies, including the incorporation of the internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide great precision and enhance robotic-assisted surgery, represent another significant growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the escalating demand for laparoscopy devices for bariatric surgery, which functions by inserting the devices through a small incision in the abdomen to minimize the size to remove parts of the stomach, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising disposable incomes of consumers, significant advancements in the healthcare sector, increasing geriatric population prone to various ailments, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, respiratory disorders, and cancer, are propelling the market growth across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 19.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product type, the market has been categorized into energy devices, laparoscopes, insufflation devices, handheld instruments, suction/ irrigation devices, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into bariatric, urological, gynecological, general, colorectal surgery, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Intuitive Surgical., Johnson & Johnson, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Medtronic plc, Microline Surgical, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd, Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, and The Cooper Companies Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Intuitive Surgical., Johnson & Johnson, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Medtronic, Microline Surgical, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd, Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation and The Cooper Companies Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800