IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Laptop Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global laptop market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 1.43% during 2022-2027. Laptops, also known as notebook computers, refer to small, compact, and portable personal computers with an in-built screen, keyboard, touchpad, webcam, speakers, microphones, and central processing unit (CPU). They are generally powered by batteries and alternating current (AC) cords and support various peripheral input and output devices, such as trackballs, joysticks, and printers. They are more efficient, lightweight, powerful, faster, and convenient than traditionally used desktop computers. They also offer minimal power consumption, excellent battery backup, and ease of transportation as they can be folded shut. As a result, laptops are widely used to perform regular tasks, such as official work, education, internet browsing, gaming, and entertainment.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Laptop Market Trends:
The increasing penetration of high-speed internet and the expanding corporate sector represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, individuals are opting for high-performance, multi-functional laptops that provide integrated features and capabilities in the same device. Additionally, there has been a significant shift toward distance education and online learning among students and educational institutions due to its convenience, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness. In line with this, the widespread adoption of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and work-from-home (WFH) policies across organizations has augmented the demand for laptops. This can be attributed to the implementation of temporary lockdowns and closure of schools, colleges, and offices amid the recent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak which has accelerated the adoption of remote working and e-learning. Apart from this, several product innovations, such as the launch of advanced laptops integrated with smart batteries and energy-efficient processors that offer improved operational efficiency, constant power supply for an extended duration, and enhanced usability, have propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the surging popularity of 2-in-1 laptops, escalating demand for gaming laptops, rising consumer expenditure capacities, rapid digital convergence, favorable government initiatives, and technological advancements, are also creating a positive market outlook.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into traditional and 2-in-1 laptops.
- On the basis of the screen size, the market has been categorized into up to 10.9", 11" to 12.9", 13" to 14.9", 15.0" to 16.9", and more than 17".
- The market has been segregated based on the price into upto USD 500, USD 501 to USD 1000, USD 1001 to USD 1500, USD 1501 to USD 2000, and above USD 2001.
- Based on the end use, the market has been divided into personal, business, gaming, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Acer Inc., Apple Inc., ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Micro-Star International Co. Ltd., Razer Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sony Group Corporation, and Xiaomi Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800