According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Laser Capture Microdissection Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global laser capture microdissection market reached a value of US$
134.4 Billion in 2022. Laser capture microdissection (LCM) is a contact- and contamination-free process that is performed to capture or procure subpopulations of tissue cells under direct microscopic visualization. It is widely used in paraffin wax-embedded, frozen, formalin-fixed and cytologic specimens for detecting cancer and studying gene expression. Laser capture microdissection uses a focused laser beam to enable the gentle and selective isolation of specific cells from heterogeneous tissues, while protecting profiles and biomolecular integrity of complex samples. This technique easily allows differentiation between normal and abnormal cells and reliable investigation of subcellular profiles with enhanced accuracy.
Global Laser Capture Microdissection Market Trends:
The significant growth in the healthcare industry and the increasing utilization of molecular analysis in a bioscience research laboratory are some of the key factors driving the laser capture microdissection market growth. It is widely used for the isolation of homogeneous and morphologically identified cell populations that aids in overcoming the obstacle of tissue complexity. In line with this, the widespread adoption of the technique for precise vivo examination of cells, such as carcinoma in situ and malignant cells of Hodgkin's disease, is also favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various innovations in LCM technologies, including the integration with immunofluorescence laser diodes that provide higher efficiency and improved biomarker discovery are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing application of laser capture microdissection in molecular biology and forensic science centers to obtain interpretable deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) profiles and generate genetic fingerprints is positively impacting the market growth. Moreover, the procedure aids in identifying specific pathological lesions, such as malignant neoplasms, which assists medical practitioners in establishing individualized treatment options tailored to the molecular profile of the mass. This, along with the rising healthcare expenditure, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the increasing need to obtain enhanced insights regarding changes happening at cellular levels are anticipated to drive the market further toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
248.7 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
10.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into instruments, consumables, and software and services.
- Based on the system type, the market has been divided into ultraviolet LCM, infrared LCM, and Others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into research and development, diagnostics, and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been divided into hospitals, academic and government research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. and contract research organizations (CROs).
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include AnaPath Services GmbH (ST Pharm Co. Ltd), Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Caresbio Laboratory LLC, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (Carl Zeiss AG), Epistem Ltd, Fluidigm Corporation, Gnome Diagnostics LLC, HÜBNER Photonics, Leica Microsystems GmbH (Danaher Corporation), Molecular Machines & Industries, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and VitroVivo Biotech.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800