According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Lawn and Garden Consumables Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global lawn and garden consumables market reached a value of US$ 19.13 Billion in 2021. Lawn and garden consumables consist of various products that are used for horticulture operations. They are widely utilized for landscaping and maintenance of lawns and gardens. Some of the commonly used products include garden seats and kneelers, pest and disease controllers, plant supporters and accessories and watering and irrigation equipment. They aid in controlling weed growth, preventing overgrowth of plants, trap stormwater runoff and help in enhancing the aesthetic appearance of the space. The widespread adoption of hardscaping and the rising demand for landscaping products across the real estate sector are catalyzing the product demand across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Lawn and Garden Consumables Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing preference for aesthetic home decor among the masses. Coupled with the rising popularity of gardening as a hobby among individuals, this is providing a boost to the sales of lawn and garden consumables. Moreover, increasing investments by public and private agencies in infrastructural development projects are creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the rising number of community gardens and lawns in urban areas is further propelling the market growth. Also, with the escalating need for controlling carbon dioxide emissions for maintaining a healthy environment, there has been a considerable rise in the uptake of lawn and garden consumables across the globe. Along with this, several initiatives undertaken by the government of numerous countries toward the development of urban green spaces and parks are providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, shifting lifestyle preferences of the masses and continuous product innovations, are further contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 24.77 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.10% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into fertilizers, pesticides (insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and others), seeds, mulch and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into online and offline.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segregated into residential, commercial and industrial.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players are Ace Hardware Corporation, BASF SE, Bayer AG, BLACK+DECKER Inc. (Stanley Black & Decker Inc.), Central Garden & Pet Company, DLF Seeds A/S, DuPont de Nemours Inc., J.R. Simplot Company, Nutrien Ltd., Sakata Seed Corporation, Spectrum Brands Inc., The Andersons Inc., The Espoma Company and The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.