The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Lipids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global lipids market size reached US$ 8.8 Billion in 2021. Lipids refer to a heterogeneous group of biomolecules derived from butter, oil, cheese, olives, corn, nuts, avocados, and other food products. They are insoluble in water and soluble in organic solvents like amines, ethers, ketones, and methanol. They serve as energy storage, structural components of cell membranes, and important signaling molecules in the body. Besides this, lipids are widely utilized in pharmaceuticals, food and beverage (F&B), cosmetics, and various end use industries to manufacture printing inks, lubricants, coatings and polymers, surfactants, solvents, hydraulic fluids, pesticide/herbicide adjuvants, and glycerin (glycerol).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Lipids Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry. Nowadays, lipids are widely used as synthetic flavoring carriers to maintain the taste and smell of food. They are also utilized as a healthier alternative for saturated fatty acids in various food items. In addition, the escalating demand for nutritional lipids due to the growing prevalence of obesity and other health-related issues represents another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the recent outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has also increased the demand for lipid-based supplements across the globe. Besides this, lipids are extensively utilized to manufacture cosmetics owing to their emulsification properties, which form a barrier to safeguard the skin from external elements. This, coupled with the rising popularity of green cosmetics enriched with natural ingredients, is creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Furthermore, the increasing promotional activities such as advertisement campaigns and celebrity endorsements conducted by the key players are anticipated to propel market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 14.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into omega-3 and omega-6, phospholipids, medium-chain triglycerides, and sterols.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into plant and animal.
- Based on the form, the market has been categorized into powder and liquid.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into dietary supplements and nutraceuticals, infant formula, pharmaceuticals, food fortification, animal nutrition, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report, with some of the key players being Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, Cargill Incorporated, Clover Corporation Limited, Croda International Plc, FrieslandCampina Ingredients, Kerry Group plc, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Nordic Naturals Inc., Omega Protein Corporation (Cooke Inc.) and Polaris Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800