According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Liquid Detergent Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global liquid detergent market reached a value of US$
31.4 Billion in 2022. Liquid detergent refers to a cleaning product that is generally used for removing oil and dirt from fabrics. It is a liquid washing agent that is usually composed of sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES), coconut diathonol amide (CDA) and sodium tripoloyphosphate (STPP). In comparison to powder detergent, it is formulated with surfactants that clean and extract soil while being gentle on the fabric and maintaining bright colors. Besides this, it also dissolves better than bar or powder detergents, even at lower temperatures. Due to the easy product availability via online and offline organized retail channels, there has been a considerable increase in the sales of liquid detergent.
Global Liquid Detergent Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing consciousness regarding personal hygiene among individuals. Coupled with the shifting lifestyle preferences and inflating disposable income levels of the masses, this is providing a boost to the demand for liquid detergents. Additionally, numerous leading players are heavily investing in the expansion of their product line, which is impacting the growth of the market. Also, increasing investments in the development of aggressive marketing strategies, celebrity endorsements and innovative packaging solutions are creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, various manufacturers are introducing organic variants of liquid detergents due to the rising awareness regarding the adverse effect of harsh chemicals, which is gaining widespread prominence among consumers. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, various technological advancements in the manufacturing process, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further positively influencing the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
43.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
5.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into inorganic and organic liquid detergents.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been classified into residential and commercial.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, departmental stores, online stores, and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the largest market share.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Henkel, Procter & Gamble, The Clorox Company, Church & Dwight and Unilever.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal