According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Liquid Fertilizers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global liquid fertilizers market size reached US$ 14.4 Billion in 2022. Liquid fertilizers are nutrient solutions specifically formulated for plants and are applied in a liquid form. Unlike their granular counterparts, which require time to break down in the soil, liquid fertilizers are more quickly absorbed by plants. This rapid absorption allows for immediate nutrient availability, offering the potential for quicker responses to nutrient deficiencies. Liquid fertilizers generally contain essential macronutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (commonly known as N-P-K), as well as micronutrients like calcium, magnesium, and sulfur. Some specialized formulations also include trace elements such as zinc, iron, and manganese to support plant growth in a comprehensive manner. Applying liquid fertilizers is often done via a variety of methods, such as foliar spraying, fertigation, and direct soil application. Foliar spraying involves applying the liquid directly onto the leaves, which is effective for rapid nutrient uptake. Fertigation is the process of applying liquid fertilizers through irrigation systems, allowing for uniform distribution. Direct soil application aims to place the nutrients closer to the plant roots for better absorption.
Global Liquid Fertilizers Market Trends:
The immediate availability of nutrients upon application represents one of the key factors driving the growth of the market across the globe. This rapid absorption is crucial during critical growth stages, which makes liquid fertilizers highly effective for addressing nutrient deficiencies, thus fueling the growth of the market. In addition to this, liquid fertilizers are generally easier to apply than granular fertilizers which is influencing its demand. They are applied through various methods, such as foliar spraying and fertigation, allowing for flexibility and uniform coverage, which reduces labor and equipment costs, thus contributing to the growth of the market. The market is also driven by innovations in fertilizer manufacturing and application technologies which are leading to more efficient and eco-friendly liquid fertilizer products. These advancements make the products more appealing to farmers, which is leading to increased demand. In line with this, the rise of precision farming, which relies on data analytics and specialized equipment for crop management, aligns well with liquid fertilizers which is propelling the market growth. The precise application of nutrients, when and where they are needed, optimizes yield and resource utilization, thus boosting the market growth. As concerns about soil health and environmental sustainability become more prominent, liquid fertilizers offer a more targeted approach to nutrient application, which minimizes waste and potential environmental damage. Liquid fertilizers are associated with higher crop yields when compared to other types of fertilizers. The quick absorption and ease of application help plants receive essential nutrients in a timely manner, which leads to improved productivity. Governments worldwide are implementing policies that support sustainable farming practices, indirectly encouraging the use of efficient and environmentally friendly fertilizers like liquid formulations which is creating a positive outlook for the market across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 17.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.27 % during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, and micronutrients. Currently, nitrogen is dominating the market across the globe.
- On the basis of the production processes, the market has been bifurcated into organic and synthetic. Presently, organic holds the largest market share across the globe.
- Based on the crop, the market has been segmented into grains and cereals, fruits and vegetables, oils and pulses, and others. Currently, grains and cereals are dominating the market across the globe.
- On the basis of the mode of application, the market has been categorized into soil, fertigation, foliar, and others. Presently, fertigation holds the largest market share across the globe.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Presently, Asia Pacific holds the largest market share across the globe.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AgroLiquid, COMPO Expert GmbH (Grupa Azoty S.A.), Haifa Group, ICL Group Ltd., K+S Aktiengesellschaft, Kugler Company, Nutrien Ltd., Nutri-Tech Solutions Pty Ltd., Plant Food Company Inc., Tessenderlo Group, Yara International ASA., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Production Process, Crop, Mode of Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AgroLiquid, COMPO Expert GmbH (Grupa Azoty S.A.), Haifa Group, ICL Group Ltd., K+S Aktiengesellschaft, Kugler Company, Nutrien Ltd., Nutri-Tech Solutions Pty Ltd., Plant Food Company Inc., Tessenderlo Group and Yara International ASA.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800