According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Logistics Robots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global logistics robots market grew at a CAGR of about 25% during 2014-2019. Logistics robots are specially-designed autonomous devices that are used for transporting resources in a logistic network. They help in performing various intralogistics processes within warehouses and storage facilities, including storing, moving, and organizing goods. Mobile automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and robotic arms are some of the examples of logistics robots. They operate in predefined pathways and streamline the supply chain, thereby reducing the cost of logistics and offering a greater level of uptime. Moreover, logistics robots are equipped with visual, audio, or thermal sensors according to the requirement. As they offer significant profit and productivity gains in comparison to manual labor, they are gaining immense traction in both the developing and developed nations.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Logistics Robots Market Trends:
To get a strong foothold in the market, several companies are incorporating logistics robots in their warehouse and storage facilities to enhance their operational efficiency. In addition to this, the booming e-commerce industry is providing a thrust to the market growth. Increasing income levels, internet penetration, and changing living lifestyles have augmented the number of online buyers, which has led to the adoption of robotic solutions to map the delivery timeline and automate the transportation process. Apart from this, several companies like XPO Logistics, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., and DB Schenker are investing in innovative solutions like the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and real-time tracking in logistics and warehousing operations. Such innovations and investments in this field are expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the breakout of the coronavirus disease (COVD-19) has fueled the demand for logistics robots to reduce the spread of the disease and minimize the losses incurred due to lockdowns. On account of these factors, the market is expected to experience strong growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the component, the market has been bifurcated into hardware and software.
- On the basis of the robot type, the market has been segmented into autonomous mobile robots, robotic arms, automated guided vehicles, and others.
- Based on the function, the market has been categorized into pick and place; loading and unloading; shipment and delivery; packing and co-packing; and others.
- On the basis of the operation area, the market has been divided into warehouse, factory, outdoor, and other logistics robots.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segregated into healthcare, automotive, e-commerce, retail, food and beverages, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Asia Pacific (Japan, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, India, Australia, and Others), North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Toshiba Corporation, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, ABB Ltd., Asic Robotics AG, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Kion Group AG, KUKA Aktiengesellschaft (Midea Group Co. Ltd.), Omron Corporation, FANUC Corporation, and Fetch Robotics Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800