According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Lung Marker Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global lung marker market reached a value of US$
349.3 Million in 2021. Lung markers are substances produced by tumor cells that are used for lung localization. They are produced in the body in response to cancer and are found in the urine, blood and stool of the patients. They are used during lung intervention procedures for providing information regarding the nature and condition of cancer. They also aid in diagnosing, predicting and monitoring the tumor for understanding the type of therapy required to treat the condition. Apart from this, they are used in numerous hospitals and other healthcare facilities in the diagnosis and treatment of pleural effusion and mesothelioma.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Lung Marker Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of lung cancer and the high mortality rates associated with it. This has led the key players to heavily invest in research and development (R&D) for the introduction of an effective cure. Since lung markers form an indispensable component in lung localization, a significant increase in their demand has been registered. Along with this, there has been an increase in the occurrence of respiratory disorders on account of deteriorating air quality, unhealthy lifestyle preferences and high smoking rates among the masses. Furthermore, the growing geriatric population across the globe is vulnerable to develop acute respiratory disorders, which is propelling the demand for lung markers. Governments of several countries are also offering numerous healthcare benefits for the early diagnosis and pre-treatment of several chronic diseases, such as lung cancer, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to to grow at a CAGR of 11.95% during 2022-2027
- On the basis of the cancer type, the market has been bifurcated into non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC).
- Based on the marker type, the market has been divided into EGFR, EML4-ALK, KRAS, BRAF and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, diagnostic labs and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Iran and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., Fujirebio Europe N.V., Hologic, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Siemens Healthineers, and BioSpace, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal