As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Machine-Direction Orientation (MDO) Films Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global machine-direction orientation (MDO) films market size reached US$ 4.13 Billion in 2022. Machine-direction orientation (MDO) films are specialty plastic films manufactured using a specialized process known as machine-direction orientation, which involves stretching a thermoplastic film in one direction. This process aligns the polymer molecules in a linear pattern, improving strength, clarity, and barrier properties. MDO films are composed of various components, with polyethylene (PE) being the most commonly used polymer. Other polymers such as polypropylene (PP), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and polystyrene (PS) are also used depending on the specific application requirements. They exhibit excellent optical properties, including high clarity and gloss, which are highly desirable in industries such as packaging and labeling. The improved clarity enhances the visibility of the packaged product, while the gloss imparts an attractive finish. Currently, they are available in different types based on their properties and applications, including barrier films, heat-sealable films, printable films, and others, each serving unique purposes in various industries.
Global Machine-Direction Orientation (MDO) Films Market Trends:
The global machine-direction orientation (MDO) films market is witnessing considerable growth due to the rising demand for packaged food and beverages (F&B) and the rapidly expanding e-commerce sector. MDO films offer excellent printability and can be customized with attractive designs and branding elements, enhancing the overall product presentation. Moreover, the widespread product utilization in the automotive industry for manufacturing interior components, such as door panels, instrument panels, and seat backings, and the rapidly expanding construction and electronics industries are accelerating the market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for lightweight packaging and continuous improvements in film manufacturing processes and technologies to enhance the performance and properties of MDO films are creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the stringent regulations regarding packaging materials and food safety standards, rapid urbanization and economic growth in emerging markets, and rising product application in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors for packaging medicines, medical devices, and surgical products are factors augmenting the market growth. Other factors, such as the escalating demand for consumer electronics, rapid advancements in printing and labeling technologies, and burgeoning demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) and convenience foods, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.37 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.37% during 2023-2028.
- By the material type, the market is segregated into polypropylene (PP), high density polyethylene (HDPE), linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), linear density polyethylene (LDPE), polyamide (PA), ethyl vinyl alcohol (EVOH), polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and others. According to the report, polypropylene represented the largest segment.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market is bifurcated into cast and blown films. According to the report, blown films represented the largest segment.
- By the application, the market is segmented into bags and pouches, shrink labels, shrink wrap, agro textile, tapes, liners, and others. According to the report, bags and pouches represented the largest segment.
- Based on the end use industry, the market is divided into food and beverages, healthcare, personal care, homecare, agriculture, and others. According to the report, food and beverages represented the largest segment.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for machine-direction orientation (MDO) films.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Avery Dennison Corporation, Borealis AG, CCL Label Eclipse Films, Coveris, Davis-Standard LLC, Futamura Group, Lenzing Plastics GmbH Co KG, Polysack Plastic Industries Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., Trico Specialty Films LLC, Windmöller & Hölscher, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Material Types Covered
||Polypropylene (PP), High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), Linear Density Polyethylene (LDPE), Polyamide (PA), Ethyl Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), and Others
|Manufacturing Processes Covered
||Cast Films, Blown Films
||Bags and Pouches, Shrink Labels, Shrink Wrap, Agro Textile, Tapes, Liners, Others
|End Use Industries Covered
||Food and Beverages, Healthcare, Personal Care, Homecare, Agriculture, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Avery Dennison Corporation, Borealis AG, CCL Label Eclipse Films, Coveris, Davis-Standard LLC, Futamura Group, Lenzing Plastics GmbH Co KG, Polysack Plastic Industries Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., Trico Specialty Films LLC, Windmöller & Hölscher, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800