The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Male Grooming Products Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global male grooming products market size reached US$ 74.5 Billion in 2021. Male grooming products help maintain the overall hygiene and physical appearance of men. They include face creams, shaving foam, aftershave lotions, deodorants, shampoos, face masks, skin whitening solutions and cleansers. Nowadays, men are becoming more individualistic and developing their own styles. Due to this, several manufacturers are introducing exclusive male product lines, ranging from skincare essentials and anti-aging products to cosmetics.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Male Grooming Products Market Trends:
The global male grooming products market is primarily driven by the increasing consciousness among male consumers regarding personal wellness and appearance. In addition, the changing attitude toward traditional masculinity, coupled with the rising trend of metrosexual men, is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the increasing penetration of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, has created societal pressure, especially on the younger population, to always look good. As a result, they are relying on the growing e-commerce and online platforms to purchase from a wide variety of products. Furthermore, with the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, many beauty salons have closed down due to social distancing and lockdown restrictions. This has resulted in men experimenting with their looks at homes, resulting in the increased sales of male grooming products and do-it-yourself (DIY) grooming kits across the globe. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of
6.46% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into male toiletries, electrical products, aftershave lotions and others. Currently, male toiletries dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the price range, the market has been classified into mass and premium products. Among these, mass products hold the largest market share on account of their easy availability and affordability.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacy stores, online stores, and others. At present, the majority of the male grooming products are distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets as they provide a diverse variety of products from multiple brands.
- Region-wise, Europe holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Procter & Gamble Company, Unilever PLC/NV, Edgewell Personal Care Company, Beiersdorf AG, LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, L’Óreal SA, Coty, Inc., Natura Cosmeticos SA (NATURA), PUIG, SL, Koninklijke Philips NV, and Panasonic Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal