The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Manuka Honey Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global manuka honey market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Manuka honey is a dark monofloral honey derived from the nectar of the Leptospermum scoparium of the Myrtaceae family. It is primarily composed of methylglyoxal (MGO), which is an organic compound with antibacterial properties. It is also tolerant of heat, body fluids, and light making it beneficial for pharmaceutical purposes. Nowadays, Manuka honey is gaining popularity among the masses as it offers several health benefits.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Manuka Honey Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the considerable growth in the food and beverages (F&B) industry. In addition, with the sudden outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) disease, individuals are shifting toward a fit and healthy lifestyle with changed dietary habits, which is contributing to the market growth. This can also be attributed to the rising prevalence of diseases, such as stroke, heart disease, obesity, and diabetes, among the masses owing to unhealthy lifestyles. Moreover, the increasing number of individuals suffering from celiac disease and the escalating demand for gluten-free products due to the ill effects associated with gluten consumption are accelerating the product adoption rate across the globe. Besides this, extensive usage of manuka honey for skin care purposes to help minimize inflammation and irritation associated with acne due to its antimicrobial effects, antioxidants, and tissue regeneration qualities represents another major growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the rapid product utilization in formulating various pharmaceutical and personal care products is augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of manuka honey as an unconventional sweetener that replaces table sugar is influencing market growth. Other factors, including the growing popularity of organic bee products, easy product availability across online and offline organized retail channels, and rapid industrialization, are also creating a positive market outlook.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into UMF5+, UMF10+, UMF15+, and UMF20+.
- On the basis of nature, the market has been bifurcated into organic and conventional.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Airborne Honey Ltd, Apihealth NZ Ltd., Arataki Honey, Comvita, Egmont Honey, Honey Australia Pty Ltd, Manuka Honey USA LLC, Nature’s Way Products LLC., Oha Honey and Wedderspoon.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800