The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mayonnaise Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025”, finds that the global mayonnaise market size reached around US$ 10.8 Billion in 2019. Mayonnaise is a thick creamy emulsion of egg yolk, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. It is used in the preparation of snacks, such as sandwiches, burgers, salads, dips and cupcakes, and as the base for other sauces, such as thousand-island salad dressing and tartar sauce. Over the years, the increasing popularity of salads and fast-food products has resulted in the increased consumption of mayonnaise across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mayonnaise Market Trends:
With the hectic schedules and busy lifestyles of the working population, the demand for ready-to-eat products has increased, which, in turn, has escalated the sales of mayonnaise. It is used as a spread for sandwiches and burgers, a dip for snacks and a base for rolls and tacos. Furthermore, the growing popularity of western cuisines across the globe has provided a positive impact on market growth. Besides this, with the increasing health-consciousness among consumers, there has been a significant shift toward vegan diets. On account of this, manufacturers are producing egg-less, vegan, low-fat and organic mayonnaise variants. They are also launching a wide variety of new flavors, such as mint, tangy pickle, cheese chipotle and tandoori, to expand their consumer-base. On account of these factors, the market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into flavored and unflavored mayonnaise. Unflavored mayonnaise currently represents the most popular product type, accounting for the majority of the market share.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the end use into institutional and retail. At present, the institutional segment dominates the market.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the majority of mayonnaise is distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other major channels of distribution are convenience stores, online retailers and specialty stores.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Nestlé SA, Ajinomoto Co, Inc., McCormick & Company, Kraft Heinz Company and Unilever PLC/N.V.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal