According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Medical Membrane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global medical membrane market size reached US$ 3.6 Billion in 2022. Medical membrane refers to a synthetic membrane that is used in numerous medical applications for separation and filtration. The medical membrane is designed to filter out bacteria, fine particles, fungi, and various toxins from the blood through aqueous solutions and superior flow rates. It is instrumental in the separation, concentration, and purification of various medical processes, along with processing products of high purity. As a selective barrier, it prevents immune system components from inadvertently interacting with implants while allowing nutrients and metabolites to freely enter cells. In addition, medical membranes offer enhanced selectivity for the critical components of wastewater, resulting in improved wastewater treatment. Medical membranes also play a vital role in the manufacturing of a wide range of diagnostic devices. As a result, it is extensively utilized in numerous healthcare facilities across the globe.
Global Medical Membrane Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the escalating product demand in dialysis for numerous medical applications, particularly filtration and blood purification. This can be attributed to a considerable rise in the prevalence of end-stage renal diseases (ESRD), such as renal failure and atherosclerosis, in patients. In line with this, the augmenting demand for medical membrane devices in the recovery of concentrated proteins and enzymes, along with various disease treatment procedures, is propelling the market. Moreover, the escalating need for artificial organ implants due to the rising incidences of organ failure and shortage of organ donors is providing an impetus to the market. Besides this, the rapid utilization of medical membrane in the production of ultra-pure water and wastewater treatment for manufacturing pharmaceutical products is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. The market is further fueled by the growing geriatric population that is susceptible to developing a wide range of chronic ailments. Apart from this, favorable government initiatives supporting extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the biotechnology and healthcare industries are further creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the rising demand for high-purity selective parting in medical procedures, continual technological advancements in the healthcare infrastructure, and the growing adoption of medical membranes in several end-use industries. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 5.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.35% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, dialysis, gas filtration, and others.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been divided into Acrylics, Polypropylene (PP), Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), Polysulfone (PSU) and Polyether Sulfone (PESU), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical filtration, IV infusion and sterile filtration, bio-artificial processes, drug delivery, hemodialysis, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3M Company, Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd. (Asahi Kasei Corporation), Hangzhou Cobetter Filtration Equipment Co. Ltd., Koch Separation Solutions (Koch Engineered Solutions), Medtronic plc, Merck KGaA, Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800