The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global medical nonwoven disposables market size reached US$ 10.8 Billion in 2021. Medical nonwoven disposables are a class of textile materials that are bonded together to form a lucid structure. Some commonly used medical nonwoven disposables include face masks, surgical gowns, nurse caps, surgeon caps, lab coats, bed linens, and shoe covers. They are made from natural fiber-like cotton, linen, or synthetic materials such as polypropylene, polyester, and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). Medical nonwoven disposables These materials also exhibit characteristics of absorbency, resilience, softness, strength, and elasticity. Moreover, they form an integral part of the healthcare industry to provide a more hygienic alternative, help prevent contamination effectively and lower the risk of infections barrier between patients and physicians during and after surgical procedures.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Trends:
In recent years, the increasing instances of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) are one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in hospitals, facilitating the demand for medical nonwoven disposable products. Due to this, hospitals are increasingly using disposable gowns and drapes on account of their solid, reliable, and reproducible bacterial impermeability, which protects patients as well as the medical staff. In addition, the increasing number of individuals undergoing surgical interventions due to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases is also fueling the market growth. Nowadays, the growing environmental concerns among individuals have resulted in the introduction of biodegradable products made from polylactic acid (PLA), which is significantly impacting the market growth. These nonwoven variants are liquid repellent, virus- and bacterial-proof, and have improved finish. Furthermore, rapid developments in nonwoven production technology are also propelling their demand across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 17.5 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into incontinence products (disposable underwear, cotton pads, disposable panty shields, disposable diapers, and others), surgical nonwoven products (surgical masks, drape, shoe covers, caps, gowns, swabs, and others), and wound dressings (bandage, tapes, post-operative wound dressing, operative wound dressing, dressing pad, and others).
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified into polypropylene, polyethylene, polyamides and polyester, acrylic, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Berry Global Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., Cypress Medical Products LLC (Mckesson Corporation), Domtar Corporation, Dynarex Corporation, Freudenberg & Co. KG, Georgia-Pacific LLC (Koch Industries), Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Medline Industries Inc., Paul Hartmann AG and Unicharm Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal