According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Medical Tapes and Bandages Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global medical tapes and bandages market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Medical tapes and bandages are pressure-sensitive wound care dressings made using cotton gauge cloth. They provide support and minimize movement to reduce swelling and pain. They also assist in reducing the risk of infection and promoting healing. At present, they are widely available in a variety of materials, such as plastics, silk, cloth, paper, nylon, and foam.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Medical Tapes and Bandages Market Trends:
The significant requirement for surgical procedures for the rising geriatric population represents one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, a considerable rise in the prevalence of chronic wound infections, such as diabetic foot, pressure ulcers, and ulcerative colitis (UC), which require timely dressings, is positively influencing the sales of medical tapes and bandages worldwide. Furthermore, leading manufacturers are utilizing skin substitutes, novel biomaterials, hydrogel, and foam to produce durable tapes and bandages for the management of large wounds. This, along with the development of waterproof and antimicrobial tapes and bandages, is creating a favorable market outlook. Other factors, such as the increasing prevalence of hospital-acquired infections (HAI) and numerous improvements in the healthcare sector, are anticipated to impel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into medical tapes (fabric, paper, plastic, and others) and medical bandages (gauze, adhesive, cohesive and elastic, and others).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, burn injuries, ulcers, sports injuries, and other applications.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, B Braun Group, Beiersdorf AG, Cardinal Health, Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Medtronic plc, Molnlycke Health Care AB, Nitto Denko Corporation, Paul Hartmann AG, and Smith & Nephew PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800