According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Medical Thawing System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global medical thawing system market reached a value of US$ 191.0 Million in 2022. Medical thawing systems involve a device that is generally utilized for defrosting biological samples for research purposes. They are extensively used by research experts for studying cell biology. Apart from this, they also form an essential tool during blood transfusion since thawing plasma-based products preserved in cold conditions is crucial for ensuring safe transfusion. It involves the utilization of microprocessors that help in cryopreservation of ovum, embryo and semen samples appropriately by regulating the required temperature. Consequently, they aid in reducing the risks of contamination while retaining the reproducibility of the samples.
Global Medical Thawing System Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of chronic illnesses among the masses. This is supported by the escalating need for blood transfusion among patients. In addition to this, the growing number of organ donors and the widespread adoption of organ transplantation procedures are providing a boost to the market growth. The market is further driven by the rising preference for in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment among the masses. Along with this, continual technological advancements are gaining widespread prominence among healthcare professionals. For instance, the introduction of medical thawing system equipped with documentation software and short-cut programs for customizing time and temperature is favorably impacting the market growth. Moreover, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has resulted in the increasing demand for plasma donations, thereby further propelling the market growth. Additionally, the rising funding for conducting extensive research and development (R&D) activities in medical science is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including increasing investments for upgrading the existing healthcare infrastructure and continuous product innovations, are also contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 301.5 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into manual and automated.
- Based on the sample type, the market has been segmented into blood (plasma, stem cells, whole blood and platelets), embryo, ovum and semen.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into blood banks, hospitals, tissue banks, pharmaceutical and biotech companies and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players are Barkey GmbH & Co. KG, Biolife Solutions Inc., Boekel Scientific, Cardinal Health Inc., General Electric Company, Helmer Scientific Inc., Hospicare Systems, labcold Limited, MMS Medical and Laboratory Supplies, Sarstedt AG & Co. KG, Sartorius AG, Terumo Penpol Private Limited (Terumo Corporation) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800