According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global membrane bioreactor (MBR) market reached a value of US$ 3.3 Billion in 2021. A membrane bioreactor (MBR) involves the use of a perm-selective membrane, such as microfiltration or ultrafiltration, which is integrated with a biological process, specifically a suspended growth bioreactor. This process is widely used for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment, wherein membranes are utilized as filters for rejecting the solid materials that are developed by the biological process. This yields a clarified and disinfected product effluent, thereby offering excellent effluent quality and high biodegradation efficiency. These processes are also environment-friendly in nature and result in a smaller carbon footprint. Apart from this, they are economically viable, have controlled biomass retention and are extremely effective against numerous pathogens, including giardia and cryptosporidium.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing environmental concerns regarding proper wastewater disposal. Coupled with the continually declining freshwater resources and water supply shortages across various regions, there has been an escalating need for safe and chemical-free drinking water from the residential segment. This, in turn, has provided an impetus to the demand for MBR for efficient filtration with improved water quality. Additionally, the increasing amounts of industrial wastewater generation from numerous verticals, including oil and gas, industrial, construction, food and beverages, and pharmaceutical sectors, have created a rising demand for efficient sanitation and wastewater disposal systems on the global level. The market is further driven by the development of submerged MBRs that are lightweight, compact and energy-efficient. As a result, they are widely preferred over conventional processes to create aeration for generating tangential liquid flow around the membranes. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rapid industrialization, the rising preference for hollow fiber MBRs, and the growing investments for the upgradation of the existing wastewater treatment plants. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.31% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the system configuration, the market has been bifurcated into the submerged and side stream.
- Based on the membrane type, the market has been classified into hollow fiber, flat sheet, multi-tubular, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into municipal wastewater treatment, industrial wastewater treatment, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include ADI Systems, Alfa Laval, Aquatech International Corporation, Asahi Kasei, Bioprocessh2o LLC, Culligan, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, GE Water & Process Technologies, GLV Groups, Huber SE, Koch Membrane Systems Inc., Kubota Corporation, Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., Suez, Toray Industries Inc., CITIC Envirotech Ltd., Veolia Water, and Wehrle.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal