The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “MEMS Gyroscope Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global MEMS Gyroscope market size exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Microelectromechanical system (MEMS) gyroscopes are mechanical devices that are used for measuring angular velocity. They measure the angular rate by means of Coriolis acceleration and are utilized whenever the rate of turn sensing is required without a fixed point of reference. MEMS gyroscopes also separate gyros from means of measuring rotation, such as tachometer or potentiometer. They are incorporated in various electronic devices, including digital camcorders, video cameras, digital cameras, personal media players, PCs, and video games. They help address the high level of motion sensing accuracy required in these devices. In digital cameras, MEMS gyroscopes detect hand rotation for image stabilization, which delivers images with perfect clarity.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global MEMS Gyroscope Market Trends:
The global MEMS gyroscope market is primarily driven by the rapid growth of the electronics industry. The rising demand for smart and portable devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets, is propelling the market growth. With the increasing demand for digital cameras with higher megapixels, MEMS gyroscopes are integrated with cameras as they help in capturing miniature details with higher resolution. In the automotive industry, MEMS gyroscopes find applications in navigation assist, roll-over detection in high-end cars, and vehicle stability control. They are also used for measuring the orientation in order to keep the car in motion, even when the GPS signal is lost. They can activate the electronic stability control (ESC) brake system, that further aids in preventing accidents. In addition to this, the increasing expenditure on the defense industry is positively influencing the market. Moreover, extensive R&D activities have improved the stability of MEMS gyroscopes that are employed in targeting and pointing instruments. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into tuning fork, vibrating disk, vibrating ring, and others. Currently, turning forks dominate the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into mobile devices, cameras and camcorders, gaming consoles, and others. Among these, mobile devices represent the largest application segment.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use industry into consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace and defense, industrial, marine, and others. At present, consumer electronics account for the majority of the overall market share.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions are Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others), and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Analog Devices Inc., Seiko Epson Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., InvenSense Inc., Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., MEMSIC Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., NXP Semiconductors Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, ROHM Co, Ltd., Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics International N.V., Systron Donner Inertial, Inc., and Trimble Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal