According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Menthol Cigarette Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global menthol cigarette market is currently witnessing stable growth. Menthol is a naturally occurring substance that is extracted from plants, such as peppermint, spearmint or corn mint. It can also be produced synthetically and is widely used as a flavoring agent in numerous products, such as candies, syrups and chocolates. It is also used in cigarettes for triggering the cold-sensitive nerves present in the skin. Characterized by a refreshing flavor and anesthetic effect, it is primarily added to the tobacco to yield a cooling sensation in the mouth and throat of the users. The use of menthol cigarettes decreases the cough reflexes of the users while offering a soothing effect to the dry throat feeling. These cigarettes reduce the overall harshness of the smoke, owing to which they are gaining widespread preference, especially among the young and new smokers.
Global Menthol Cigarette Market:
The global market is primarily driven by a significant increase in the number of smokers across the globe. Rapid urbanization, long working hours and hectic schedules of the majority of the working professionals have led them to consume cigarettes more frequently to combat stress issues. In line with this, there has been a considerable increase in the number of female and young smokers, which is also contributing to the market growth. Moreover, owing to aggressive promotional campaigns by numerous manufacturers, there is a common misconception among the masses that menthol cigarettes are healthier alternatives to the commonly consumed cigarettes, which is propelling their demand. However, the consumption of these cigarettes poses similar health risks, often leading to a higher level of nicotine addiction. The advent of single and double capsule variants is further acting as a major growth-inducing factor. These cigarettes contain capsule(s) around the top of the filter that is required to be crushed, when needed, for releasing the additional menthol flavor. This allows the users to adjust the flavor of the cigarette as per their choice and preference, thereby contributing to their widespread popularity. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the advent of low-tar cigarettes and the popularity of ultra-slim variants among female users. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to register a CAGR of around 3% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the capsule type, the market has been bifurcated into single capsule and double capsule menthol cigarettes.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into male and female.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been classified into king size, 100s and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets, hypermarkets, online retailers and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Alfred Dunhill Ltd, Altria Group, British American Tobacco p.l.c., China National Tobacco Corporation, Commonwealth Brands, Inc., Essentra plc, Imperial Brands PLC, Japan Tobacco Inc., KT&G Corporation, Liggett Vector Brands LLC, Reynolds American Inc and Philip Morris International Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal