According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Global Metagenomics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global metagenomics market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Metagenomics refers to the research field that assists researchers in studying the characteristics of genetic substances that are acquired from environmental samples. It involves the usage of multiple molecular tools, such as bioinformatics and sequencing techniques, in order to determine the insights of microbial genomes and analyze the structure of the human microbiome. Additionally, it also assists laboratory professionals in identifying the relationship between antimicrobial resistance and pathogens. Apart from this, it also aids in evaluating the microbiomes that are associated with various chronic illnesses to develop personalized medicines and treatments.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Metagenomics Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of virus-induced infections. This is supported by the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the globe. Along with this, the increasing incidences of genetic disorders, especially among infants, and the rising geriatric population, which is more susceptible to medical ailments, are also contributing to the market growth. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the genomics industry, such as the widespread adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology that assists in genome mapping and annotation, are providing a boost to the market growth. Also, the introduction of next-generation sequencing (NGS) services is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, continuous improvements in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors are also projected to drive the market further. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising demand for clinical diagnostics and drug discovery and increasing investments to conduct extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 11% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into instruments and software and consumables.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into sequencing and bioinformatics.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into infectious disease diagnosis, environmental remediation, gut microbe characterization, biotechnology, biofuel and agriculture.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies Inc, Enterome, Eurofins Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Roche Holding AG), Illumina Inc, Novogene Co. Ltd., Oxford Nanopore Technologies Limited, Pacific Biosciences of California Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., QIAGEN N.V., Swift Biosciences Inc. (Danaher Corporation) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal