According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Microbiome Sequencing Services Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global microbiome sequencing services market reached a value of US$ 1,846.3 Million in 2022. Microbiome sequencing services assist in evaluating microflora in human biota to understand the function of microbes in human health and disease pathogenesis. They utilize next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies to analyze microorganisms growing on saliva, oral mucosa, skin, conjunctiva, and gastrointestinal tract. Microbiome sequencing services are widely utilized for disease diagnosis and determining a patient’s response to a specific treatment. As compared to conventional microbiology methods, microbiome sequencing is more cost-effective, less labor-intensive, saves time, and provides faster and more accurate classifications. It is also capable of identifying low-abundant bacteria, characterizing non-cultivable bacteria, and profiling numerous microorganisms in a single analysis.
Microbiome Sequencing Services Market Trends:
The rising consumer awareness about the advantages of early diagnosis and disease detection is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Microbiome sequencing services are widely used to understand the relationship between human pathogen and gut microbiome that assist in determining the health status and diagnosing infectious, inflammatory, immune, and obesity-related diseases. In addition, the rising prevalence of colorectal cancer (CRC) on account of the increasing geriatric population, proliferation of inflammatory intestinal conditions, and widespread consumption of low fiber and high-fat diet is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, recent technological advancements in NGS, such as the introduction of nanopore sequencing technology and single-molecule real-time sequencing (SMRT) methods that enhance data yield, reduce amplification bias, and minimize costs, are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to interpret enormous microbiome data for improving diagnostic accuracy and predicting diseases is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry and the increasing need to study drug-microbiome interaction for developing novel drugs, personalized medicines, and biomarkers are providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including increasing investments in microbiome research, the significant development in the healthcare industry, and the rising service adoption in academia and research institutes for small molecule and protein analysis, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 5,568.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 20% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been divided into sequencing by synthesis (SBS), sequencing by ligation (SBL), pyrosequencing, sanger sequencing, and others.
- Based on the research type, the market has been classified into outsourced and internal research.
- On the basis of the laboratory type, the market has been bifurcated into dry and wet labs.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into shotgun sequencing, targeted gene sequencing, RNA sequencing, whole genome sequencing, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research and academic institutes, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being BaseClear B.V., Clinical-Microbiomics A/S, Diversigen Inc (OraSure Technologies Inc.), Mérieux NutriSciences, Metabiomics Corporation (BioSpherex LLC), Microbiome Insights Inc., Microbiome Therapeutics LLC, Molecular Research LP, Molzym GmbH & Co. KG, Resphera Biosciences LLC, Shanghai Realbio Technology (RBT) Co. Ltd. and Zymo Research Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Technology, Research Type, Laboratory Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BaseClear B.V., Clinical-Microbiomics A/S, Diversigen Inc (OraSure Technologies Inc.), Mérieux NutriSciences, Metabiomics Corporation (BioSpherex LLC), Microbiome Insights Inc., Microbiome Therapeutics LLC, Molecular Research LP, Molzym GmbH & Co. KG, Resphera Biosciences LLC, Shanghai Realbio Technology (RBT) Co. Ltd. and Zymo Research Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800