The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Microgreens Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global microgreens market size reached US$ 1,385 Million in 2021. Microgreens are young and tender leafy vegetables that are harvested 7-14 days after germination. They consist of two fully developed cotyledon leaves, which enhance the color, texture, and flavors of various dishes. Microgreens are a rich source of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibers. Some commonly used microgreens include broccoli, basil, amaranth, beet, quinoa, dill, garlic, cucumber, lettuce, and pak choi. Nowadays, these vegetables are increasingly used in pasta, pizza, salads, and omelets due to their intense aromatic flavors and high nutrient content.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Microgreens Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for healthy, functional, and nutritional food. The rising consumption of microgreens on a regular basis helps prevent chronic medical ailments, manage weight, enhance immunity, and promote mental well-being. In addition to this, the rising adoption of innovative farming techniques, such as indoor vertical and greenhouse farming, hydroponics, aeroponics, and aquaponics, and the growing awareness regarding farm mechanization are also providing a positive impact on the market growth. Moreover, microgreens-based oils and ingredients are utilized in cosmetics and personal care products like shampoos and skincare items. Furthermore, governments across various countries are implementing favorable initiatives to promote sustainable agricultural practices and increasing expenditure on premium and nutrient-rich food, which, in turn, is fueling the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.58% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, arugula, peas, basil, radish, and others.
- On the basis of the farming method, the market has been classified into indoor vertical farming, commercial greenhouses, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use into residential and commercial sectors.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, retail stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 2BFresh (Teshuva Agricultural Projects Ltd.), AeroFarms, Bowery Farming Inc., Farmbox Greens LLC (Charlie’s Produce), Fresh Origins, GoodLeaf Farms (TruLeaf), Gotham Greens, Living Earth Farm, Madar Farms, Metro Microgreens, and The Chef's Garden Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal