According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Migraine Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global migraine drugs market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028. Migraine drugs refer to medications that are used to reduce the severity of migraines and prevent future attacks. A migraine is a severe, neurological disease with a debilitating headache, characterized by an intense throbbing or pulsing in one area of the head. It is accompanied by sensitivity to light, sound and smell, visual disturbances such as auras, and nausea or vomiting. Migraine drugs do not cure migraines; instead, they treat or relieve these symptoms. There are certain blood pressure medications, as well as some antidepressants, anti-seizure drugs and herbals that are used to reduce the frequency of migraines.
Global Migraine Drugs Market Trends:
According to the Migraine Trust, migraine is the third most common disease globally, with more than 10% of people getting affected by the condition worldwide. This represents the primary factor that has increased the demand for migraine drugs across the globe. Apart from this, the rising healthcare expenditure and improving reimbursement policies for migraine medications are also acting as growth-inducing factors. Besides this, healthcare providers have made significant advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of migraine. A more advanced treatment modality with mechanism-based therapies, including supraorbital transcutaneous stimulation (STS) and transcranial magnetic stimulation, has been introduced as a preventive therapy for migraine. Additionally, there are many other drugs with novel mechanisms of action or new therapeutic targets, which are in different development stages.
- Based on the treatment type, the market has been bifurcated into abortive and preventive treatment.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been categorized into triptans, ergot alkaloids, NSAIDs, acetylcholine inhibitors/ neurotoxins, Ditans, CGRP mAbs and others.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been segmented into oral, injectable and others.
- The market has been classified on the basis of the distribution channel into hospital-based pharmacies, retail pharmacies and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Allergan Plc (AbbVie Inc.), Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Bausch Health Companies, Inc. (formerly Valeant Pharmaceuticals), Eisai Co. Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Endo International Plc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Merck & Co., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi SA and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Treatment Type, Drug Type, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Allergan Plc (Abbvie Inc.), Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Bausch Health Companies Inc. (formerly Valeant Pharmaceuticals), Eisai Co. Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Endo International Plc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi SA and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800