According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Mobile Gaming Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," the global mobile gaming market reached a value of US$ 73.84 Billion in 2021. Mobile games are designed for mobile devices, including smartphones, pocket PCs, feature phones, personal digital assistants (PDA), tablet PCs, and portable media players. It ranges from basic games to modern 3D and augmented reality games. Most smartphones comprise a vast array of connectivity features, including infrared, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 3G. These advanced technologies promote wireless multiplayer games with two and more players. Augmented reality games are gaining widespread traction across the globe. Advanced mobile games require fast central processing units (CPU), sizeable random-access memory (RAM), dedicated graphics processing units (GPU), and high-resolution display screens.
Global Mobile Gaming Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing penetration of smartphones. In line with this, the rapid adoption of innovative technologies for developing mobile games is significantly contributing to the market. Furthermore, the widespread availability of high-speed broadband connections, particularly in developing countries, has made digital gaming more accessible to individuals. This, in turn, is expected to positively influence the market growth. Apart from this, significant growth in cloud adoption and the emergence of the 5G network creates a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, there has been a rising demand for high-end mobile devices among the masses for gaming applications since these devices offer high picture, sound, and graphics quality. Besides this, the growing popularity of online mobile gaming tournaments globally fuels the market. Additionally, the advent of advanced technologies such as VR/AR and haptic feedback devices have drastically improved user experience, thus offering numerous opportunities for mobile game developers. Other factors, including inflating disposable income levels and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a boost to the market. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 137.37 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.30% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into action or adventure, casino, sports and role playing, and strategy and brain.
- Based on the device type, the market has been classified into smartphones, smartwatches, PDAs, tablets, and others.
- Based on the platform, the market has been segmented into android, iOS, and others.
- Based on the business model, the market has been categorized into freemium, paid, free, and paymium.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Activision Blizzard Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Gameloft SE (Vivendi SE), GungHo Online Entertainment Inc., Kabam Games Inc, Nintendo Co. Ltd, Rovio Entertainment Oyj, Supercell Oy (Tencent Holdings Ltd), Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. and Ubisoft Entertainment SA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800