According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mobile Gamma Cameras Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global mobile gamma cameras market size reached US$ 53.6 Million in 2022. Mobile gamma cameras, also known as portable gamma cameras or handheld gamma cameras, are compact imaging devices that utilize gamma-ray detectors to capture images of radioactive tracers in the body. They consist of collimators, scintillation crystals, photomultiplier tubes, and image-processing components. They are portable and enable imaging to be performed at the bedside of patients in the operating room or and in other locations outside of the traditional imaging department. They allow immediate assessment and intervention and offer improved patient management and treatment outcomes. Additionally, mobile gamma cameras offer real-time imaging capabilities, which help enhance the efficiency of procedures and reduce patient wait times. They are consequently used in sentinel lymph node mapping, myocardial perfusion imaging, bone scans, and tumor localization.
Global Mobile Gamma Cameras Market Trends:
The expansion of hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), and research centers is resulting in the growing need for point-of-care imaging solutions that provide immediate diagnostic information. This is catalyzing the demand for mobile gamma cameras as they facilitate on-site imaging in various clinical settings, including emergency departments, operating rooms, and intensive care units (ICUs). Furthermore, ongoing technological advancements in gamma camera technology and the development of more compact, portable, and high-resolution devices are positively influencing the market. These advancements enhance the performance and image quality of mobile gamma cameras, consequently driving their adoption in nuclear medicine. Moreover, the healthcare industry is shifting towards minimally invasive (MI) procedures, which require real-time imaging guidance. Mobile gamma cameras provide accurate localization and visualization of target tissues, which is catalyzing the demand for these devices. The growing number of ambulatory care centers and outpatient facilities is also increasing the demand for portable imaging solutions like mobile gamma cameras to perform imaging studies conveniently and efficiently. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 68.6 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into single-head, double-head, triple-head, and hand-held mobile gamma cameras. Single-head mobile gamma cameras currently account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into cardiac imaging, breast imaging, thyroid scanning, kidney scanning, intraoperative imaging, brain imaging, and others. At present, thyroid scanning represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, research centers, and imaging centers and clinics. Hospitals exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being CMR Naviscan Corporation, Crystal Photonics GmbH, DDD-Diagnostic A/S, Digirad Corporation, Dilon Medical Technologies Inc., GAEDE Medizinsysteme GmbH, Mediso Ltd., MiE GmbH, Oncovision Inc., Siemens AG and Spectrum Dynamics Medical (Biosensors International Group Ltd).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||CMR Naviscan Corporation, Crystal Photonics GmbH, DDD-Diagnostic A/S, Digirad Corporation, Dilon Medical Technologies Inc., GAEDE Medizinsysteme GmbH, Mediso Ltd., MiE GmbH, Oncovision Inc., Siemens AG and Spectrum Dynamics Medical (Biosensors International Group Ltd.)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800