The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mobile TV Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global mobile TV market size reached US$ 11.3 Billion in 2021. Mobile TV is a service that facilitates wireless television broadcasting of videos over mobile and handheld devices. It relies on various technical systems, such as Wi-Fi or WiMAX, terrestrial networks to transmit radio and wireless signals, and satellite technology to deliver broadcasts. It can be either purchased through a monthly subscription fee or is available for free via the internet. It allows users to watch the latest news, real-time traffic reports, and live telecasts of sporting events and television shows. Compared to the traditionally used cable TV, it offers high quality and a more customizable experience while enabling users to download and view the content according to their convenience. In recent years, mobile TV has gained immense popularity among the masses due to its ease of use, versatility, accessibility, and cost-effectiveness.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mobile TV Market Trends:
The rising penetration of smart devices, such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Additionally, there has been a significant shift toward premium sports, movies, and entertainment content streaming via Video on Demand (VoD) platforms. Besides this, the growing production of TV-enabled mobile handsets has encouraged the adoption of free-to-air services across developing nations, which in turn, is catalyzing the demand for mobile TV. Moreover, the emergence of 5G broadcast services that provide users with high data speed and media consumption facilities to enhance the overall mobile experience is another major factor fueling the market growth. Besides this, the growing awareness regarding the benefits of mobile TV, such as flexibility, easy accessibility, and low installation costs, has accelerated the product adoption rate. Furthermore, the surging investments in LTE networks by leading players, coupled with technological advancements, are positively influencing market growth. Other factors, including the rising consumer willingness to spend on leisure and entertainment activities, rapid urbanization, increasing internet users, and inflating disposable incomes, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 18.7 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 9.1% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the content type, the market has been categorized into video-on-demand, online video, and live streaming.
- The market has been segmented based on technology into IPTV, OTT, satellite, and others.
- On the basis of the service type, the market has been bifurcated into free-to-air and pay TV services.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified as commercial and personal.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Asianet Satellite Communications Ltd., AT&T Inc., Bell Canada (BCE Inc.), Bharti Airtel Limited, Charter Communications Inc., Comcast Corporation, Consolidated Communications, Cox Communications Inc., MobiTV Inc., SPB TV AG, Tata Sky Ltd. (TOF), United States Cellular (Telephone and Data Systems Inc.), and Verizon Communications Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800