According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Modular Data Center Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global modular data center market reached a value of US$ 24.8 Billion in 2022. A modular data center is an alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar data centers. It is a portable system which can be conveniently stationed to support existing data centers or be integrated into a system of modules. It consists of all standard components, such as power, IT, cooling, fire protection, and access control elements. It is manufactured by integrating prefabricated modules that are built within a factory and shipped to the client site, wherein they can be assembled, deployed, and commissioned. These centers are highly scalable, energy-efficient, and can be rapidly deployed to meet the client's current and near-term needs.
Global Modular Data Center Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing demand for energy-efficient data centers. In line with this, significant growth in the IT and telecom industry is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, heavy investments by key players and governments of various countries in developing innovative prefabricated data centers are catalyzing the market. Apart from this, extensive 5G network infrastructure development is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the rising demand for green data center infrastructures across the IT and telecom and healthcare industries is propelling the market. Besides, the increasing demand for solutions and services, such as cloud-based networking, artificial intelligence (AI), robotics and automation, is offering lucrative opportunities for players to develop modular data centers. Additionally, the widespread adoption of collocation solutions, such as all-in-one and individual, offered by the market players are providing a boost to the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 60.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segmented into solutions (all-in-one module and individual module), and services (design and consulting, integration and deployment, and support and maintenance).
- Based on the data center size, the market has been categorized into small and medium-sized data centers, and large data centers.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into disaster backup, high performance/edge computing, data center expansion, and starter data centers.
- On the basis of the industry vertical, the market has been segmented into BFSI, IT and telecom, retail and manufacturing, healthcare, energy, media and entertainment, government and defense, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include BASELAYER Technology LLC (Intermountain Electronics Inc.), Cannon Technologies Ltd, Dell Technologies Inc., Eaton Corporation plc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., International Business Machines Corporation, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, Schneider Electric SE and Vertiv Group Corp.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Component, Data Center Size, Application, Industry Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASELAYER Technology LLC (Intermountain Electronics Inc.), Cannon Technologies Ltd, Dell Technologies Inc., Eaton Corporation plc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., International Business Machines Corporation, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, Schneider Electric SE and Vertiv Group Corp.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchse Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800